025 - The injured Kitten

"Why do I have to go on patrol?"

Phoenix rolled her eyes. Her head hung low as she trekked through the snow. It was getting colder to the point where she didn't know if she'd survive the winter. Her body trembled, throwing itself into a massive convulsion as it screamed for some sort of warmth. Her entire body felt numb, too numb to think. The two bickering toms who screamed at each other non-stop didn't help with her mood either. In fact, if it hadn't been so cold, she would have lashed out at them at any moment.

Sol batted his paw at Silver's head with his claws unsheathed. Silver dodged only by a hair but didn't avoid Sol's glare. Sol's jaw was clenched as he drew his lips back in a snarl, "because Honey said so." He spat, "now stop whining and pay attention!"

Silver raised an eyebrow, a smirk rising onto his face, "to what, you're girlfriend?"

"She's not my girlfriend, she's not my mate, she's just a-"

"A potential mate?"

The words made Phoenix cringe. She unsheathed her claws, ready to fight but as soon as she whipped her head around, she began to feel light headed. For a second, she stopped walking and began to stumble all over the place. She wanted to turn around and scream at them but. . . What made her want to do that in the first place?

--

She blinked a few times, suddenly being in a different location. She didn't recognize it at all. Thankfully, it wasn't the darkness that she met Sin. She raised a paw and prodded at the area around her, feeling the jagged walls. Definitely a tree. Phoenix felt warmth and soft licks against her ear. She found the strength to shuffle towards it, the heavy, alluring scent of vanilla and honey overstimulating her mind.

"Are you okay?" Sol's deep voice rumbled through her ears, and she gave him a small nod. "Good. You wouldn't stop stumbling, and you tried to speak but your words were too slurred. You ended up collapsing straight after that."

Silver, who had been there listening in, spoke up. "If it wasn't for Sol, you would have died. I'd suggest you thank him."

Sol chuckled before Phoenix could respond, "there's no need. We found few dead squirrels here so Silver took a bite to ensure of no disease. Eat up."

Phoenix saw it drop in front of them. She made an attempt to bite into it, but its meat was way too tough and frozen. She looked up at Sol for help, and he gave her a small nod in understanding. He leaned down to grab it in between his jaws. Phoenix flinched when she head it crack. He pulled away, and Phoenix was able to take a bite out of it.

Silver snorted. "Fox-lovers."

Sol shot a glare at him. He turned back to Phoenix, watching her chew on the prey. It looked like she was disgusted by it and Sol didn't blame her. It sounded slightly crunchy, and Sol knew that she wasn't the type of molly to like bitter things since it was his sickly sweet scent that pulled her in. 

Phoenix stood up, and headed out. "Let's go," she said. She knew they were going to object and ran out before they could.

The two toms followed behind her as fast as they could, watching as the snowflakes fell from the cloudy sky. Thankfully, the pond wasn't far and they would hopefully be able to reach it in time. It was too cold, and now Sol was able to feel it under his thick fur.