004 - Phoenix's "Curse"

Oh my god, what have I done?

Phoenix stood there, mortified. She examined at the cats who looked judgemental but that only took up a small minority. Cats who were impressed were mewling with pride. Cats not from the clowder who were just roaming stared down from the trees too. Phoenix looked down sadly at her blood-stained paws. The blood which dampened her fur was stuck in her head. It caused her great fear in her spine as she noticed she let her instincts get in the way of her senses.

Snowy focused on her. It seemed like his feral instincts have gotten in the way too. He charged, clawing her face and sending her into the air. Blood shot out of her cheek. Phoenix landed on her feet but stumbled onto her back when he flung himself into her. She yowled in pain, his teeth sinking deep into her neck. The helpless kitten yowled for help, her hind legs kicking and scratching his stomach.

"Someone stop them!" Honey cried, not hiding his fear.

Snake growled. "You go help her. She's your daughter. As you said, she can't do any harm because she's just a child."

Honey gulped nervously, watching his kitten try to break free. Snowy still had eight of his lives and was probably the strongest in the forest. No cat could ever defeat him. Honey knew that and so did everyone else. He was going to kill his prophecied daughter as Snake wanted; Snake was going to win! He looked down at his white paws, ignoring the cries of pain and anguish coming from her. Then it stopped and silence lingered in the air for what felt like a minute. Soon after Snowy was yowling in pain could be heard and grabbed Honey's complete and fautless attention.

Flint stood protectively in front of Phoenix. He let off dangerous pheromones no one had ever smelled from him; it was like his omega was just taken from him. It smelled of dead bodies and soupçon of rotten flesh. Snowy laid on the floor, shaking as he tried to gasp for breath. Flint licked the blood off his lips, pressing a paw into his scar and opening it wider. He didn't want Snowy to die just yet. He wanted Snowy to feel pain and sorrow.

Snowy stopped breathing for a moment, losing one life before he returned started again, screaming in pain. "G-God, help me!" He cried.

Flint ignored his cries and looked down at Phoenix, licking her forehead delicately. "Run. I'll find you later. Just run now."

Phoenix was reluctant but knew she could trust him and sprinted off into the forest. She ran until she couldn't stop. After she felt her muscles ache she skidded to a halt when she was at the edge of a ravine and glanced down at it. Phoenix wasn't sure where to go now. She was lost. She sighed softly as she stepped into the running river near the ravine. Silently, she allowed it to wash away the blood from her paws. She stared into her reflection and wiped the blood off her face that also stained the fur on her face. She hissed angrily as she dipped her face into the water, silently cursing to herself.

There was a rustling in the leaves behind her. She turned her head to the bushes but stopped moving and didn't stir. Phoenix couldn't pick up any new scent nearby either. She brushed her face, removing any excess blood, and hopped out the flowing river. Phoenix shook off her fur and looked around.

"You should have killed him."

Phoenix spun her body around. A cat, the one she was sure she saw before, stood in front of her. His lean body towered over hers. He walked closer to her, the plants around him suddenly dying. She hissed at him but he felt nothing. No fear, no amusement. "You should have killed him." He repeated. "Why didn't you?"