024 - Mama White

Phoenix placed a paw on Mama White's body. The wind blew softly, making her shiver. I feel your presence, she raised her head at the night sky. Phoenix did not want to sit vigil, but she dipped her head at Mama White. She looked beside her where Snowy sat. Phoenix let out a deep sigh. He seemed heartbroken and lifeless. She saw him mumble something to Sol, which made Sol glance at Phoenix, frowning. 

Snowy narrowed his eyes down at her, his cold glare sending shivers down her spine. It softened after a few heartbeats and he shook his head. "I'm sorry," he grumbled. "I didn't mean to startle you. I just. . . I miss her. I swear to god, I will kill whoever did this. Do you know who it was?"

Phoenix shook her head. "No, not at all. I found her body lying there."

"But you were the first to find her." Nutmeg growled, "how do we know you didn't do it!"

Snowy silenced her with the flick of his tail, "Sol did leave before Phoenix if I remember correctly."

Sol looked at him, taken aback. He stood up, his fur bristling as he drew his lips back into a snarl. "Are you speculating that I killed her?" He unsheathed his claws and leaned towards Snowy, "do you really think that low of me?"

Snowy chuckled, "you know, I wasn't saying it was you. I was simply trying to imply that you might have seen the killer or something but now that you put it that way-"

Sol leapt at Snowy but the white tom batted him away with a swipe of his paw. Sol rolled onto his back, the stinging pain making him hiss. He blinked the blood out of his eye and saw Snowy's dismissive gaze. His ears lowered in shock, did Snowy hate him now?

Snowy turned away from Sol, his head low. "I expected better from you, Sol." He walked away from the area, which made Sol follow him.

Phoenix shook her head, Mama White wouldn't want this. Hawk, what do I do? She waited for a response but got none. She groaned in annoyance. The molly had no idea if she should stay or not. After a few heartbeats, she jogged away from the pond and went to go look for the two toms who had just fought.

Phoenix wondered around the forest, tasting the air for their scents. They were close. She sniffed the air some more and caught the thick, familiar scent of honey. That was close too. Too close for Phoenix's liking. It seemed as though Sol's scent, Snowy's scent and the other cat's scent were mixed meaning that they were way too close to each other. Phoenix hissed in surprised and she bolted towards them as quick as she could, despite the snow still being thick and hard to run on.

Phoenix stopped and tumbled. She stood up, her fur bristling at the sight. She watched Sol leap at Red, pinning him down with massive paws and biting into his neck. Red screeched in pain, and it rang throughout her ears. Phoenix looked horrified. She narrowed her eyes at Snowy, who watched carefully. At least he was enjoying this.

She saw the blood slowly start to ooze out of his neck. He wriggled under Sol's grip, and it made Phoenix's stomach turn. She yowled, her ears lowering. "Sol, stop!" Her voice echoed throughout the forest, and Sol turned to glare at her.

"What do you mean? He's tresspassing!" Sol defended, "doesn't that mean anything to you?"

She nodded, "I get that and I don't think he'll come here again! You've taught him a lesson, now let him go!"