009 - Murder

Phoenix watched her sister as she headed upstream. She stayed low and hid her scent. She rolled around in some mint leaves, making sure her scent was gone. Once she felt satisfied, she went to go find her sister. She wished Hawk would help her, but she also knew she would have to go there alone. Hawk would only help her if she was in immediate danger, which she wasn't. Phoenix didn't understand why he helped her but didn't question it. She needed the guidance.

Phoenix crouched down, her claws unsheathed. It wasn't something Phoenix had planned previously but she wanted to get revenge on the cats who wronged her. She stayed still, watching as Lavender lapped up the water from the stream. Soon after, Lavender began to walk off. Phoenix hissed. Now or never. She thought to herself. After a heartbeat, she sprinted towards her sister. Her jaws were wide open and snapped shut into her sister's neck moments after the molly turned around. The taste of the blood overwhelmed her senses. The metallic taste made Phoenix shiver as she pulled away. To Phoenix's surprise, Lavender only lost one life before she got up again. If Phoenix had to kill her nine times over then so be it.

Lavender used her strength to leap at the molly, but Phoenix dodged the attack. She clawed Lavender's face again, making her yowl in shock. Blood sprayed from her eyes, droplets staining Phoenix's pelt.

"I can't see!" She screeched. Phoenix chuckled.

"Now you know how I feel!" Phoenix leapt again, biting her teeth down into Lavender's neck again. Lavender had no chance of surviving now. As soon as her teeth sunk in, Lavender stopped moving. Phoenix pulled back, silently regretting what she had done. How am I going to hide my scent and hide the blood? She was half-expecting Hawk to help her but all that remained was the silence that lingered into the air.

She grabbed Lavender by the scruff, dragging her into the stream. She splashed water along Lavender's body and put herself into the water. The blood which stained her pelt disappeared after a while and she let out a deep sigh.

"Well, look what we have here." A cat, twice Phoenix's size stood ahead. "I see you've murdered your own kind. You're an East Forest cat, aren't you?"

Phoenix gulped. The cat was a big brown tabby, a maine coon cat, with warm amber eyes. Phoenix was right to fear this stranger but didn't let it show, especially in her scent. "What does it matter to you?" She spat at the tom. "You know nothing!"

"I know you have committed sin. Now, my cats are starving and we could do with some lunch." He got down on fours, not giving Phoenix enough time to prepare. He lunged swiftly at her, pushing her out of the water and onto her back with his large paws. She squirmed under him. Phoenix felt his claws dig into her skin and she hissed, earning a happy mewl from the tom.

Just as he was about to snap his jaws tight into Phoenix's neck, Snowy could e seen and he lunged at him. It wasn't enough for the tom to fall over but enough to make him stumble back. Another cat, a silver maine coon, appeared. Her eyes were crystal blue and she was the same size as Snowy.

Phoenix's gaze flickered between the maine coon and Snowy. Silver looks like them, she thought to herself. She felt surprised. Silver's pelt looked exactly like the maine coon's and had her eyes but his build was like Snowy's.

The brown tabby hissed. "I see you're back, Crystal."

The silver molly nodded. "Yes, I am." She responded calmly, licking her paws clean. "What brings you here, Oak? Why are you attacking a child?"

"Nothing. She just got in my way. My name isn't Oak anymore, it's Tiger."

"Like your sister, Tigress? You know this is her daughter right?"

"That doesn't concern me. I was hungry. You should understand me, we're littermates!"

"You tried to eat your own species?"

Tiger shuffled uncomfortably, glaring at Snowy when he struggled to contain his laughter. Without a word, he leapt into the shadows, disappearing in an instant.

Crystal looked at Lavender's cold body. "I suppose he did this?" She sighed, walking to the dead body in the river. She grabbed Lavender's scruff and lifted her of the ground. Lavender's pelt was heavy with water and blood, making it harder for Crystal to haul her body onto complete, dry land. She dragged Lavender out the water and gestured to the other cats to start walking. Phoenix felt guilty for not telling the truth. It was partly Lavender's fault though.

"I'll tell them eventually."