022 - The Truth is out

"Wait for the full moon. After that point, pieces will come together."

Slowly and grumpily, she trudged down the towards the clowder's main territory, her paws tightening as she walked a long way from the house cat's territory. She walked past a gang of cats, and they glared at her threateningly. All she did was give them a small nod, bowing a little to let them know she was at peace with them and they bowed back, their scents lifting to become a bit more warm. She sighed contentedly as she pulled her gaze from the cats and glanced around the forest.

As soon as she was out of sight, Hawk appeared. He looked at Phoenix with a smile, his blue eyes staring at hers calmly. "You and Red sure do make a good couple," he purred. "When did you two decide to become mates or am I missing something." He wriggled his eyebrows, earning a light tap on the shoulder with his tail. If only it didn't go right through his ghostly body.

"We didn't," she sighed. "He found me and we walked. Because his scent is as alluring to me as it is to him, we decided to hit it off."

Hawk squealed, "My kitten is all grown up, I can't believe it! You're pinking up too!"

Phoenix stopped and so did her heart for a few seconds. She shook her head, glaring at him. "Why do you say that like it's a good thing?"

"Your sister got away with having kittens, you will too if you play this game smart enough."

"How so?"

"Up to you to find out."

Phoenix rolled her eyes and continued to walk over to the clowder, she could smell their scents from where she was, and tasted the air. She knew she was close. Phoenix appeared through the bushes, watching Hawk disappear in front of her. She glanced up at Honey, who was standing on a tree. Her eyes locked into his for a few moments, before he shook his head dismissively. 

"You murder!" He yowled, his voice shaking the earth. It made the wind blow to the point where Phoenix found it hard to stand upright. The birds flew away, screaming in fear and Honey sat down, as if he was ashamed. After a few heartbeats, he began to speak. "You killed them, didn't you?"

Phoenix's mouth parted, "w-what? I-I-"

"Answer the question! Did you kill Lavender and Tigress?"

Phoenix's paws became wet with sweat as her fur stood up on its ends. Honey leaped down, landing directly in front of her. It was a surprise to Phoenix that he didn't break any of his bones. Phoenix shrunk down as he waddled directly in front of her. His claws weren't sheathed, making Phoenix shake. She wrapped her tail around her body, her ears lowering.

Adrenaline flooded her system. Her insides were screaming to run but her instincts said to fight him off, so which one would overtake her? It was as if the two had cancelled each other out and now she a computer lagging. Now, his voice had been muffled by the roaring noise of blood in her ears as all of her memories flooded her. The crimson blood that lay on the ground, the fur, the intestines of Oak and her dying mother's whispers for mercy all came back to her.

All of them. . .

Finally, she stopped and stood up straight. Her body loosened as her eyes dilated. Phoenix narrowed her eyes at him slowly. She was able to make her breathing stable as calmed down.