016 - I know. . . I think

"I know. I know what I need to find out."

Phoenix clawed the ground, trying to think of how exactly she was going to do everything. "I need to find out what is in The Forbidden Forest," she told him. "That's the first thing on my list."

Hawk let out a little fond chuckle, "I see, what makes you think that?"

"That forest is the only place where sunlight does not bathe on the earth. I am the phoenix that walks the earth, I must shed my flaming feathers and light up the way."

Hawk's eyes widened in astonishment. Did she really say all of that. It was as if his veins were surging with pride. He smiled, his eyes softening. Although it was the worst idea he had ever heard, it all made sense. Not the right idea but it works. He licked her shoulder, purring softly.

"That's my girl, talking like a real hero." He said teasingly. Phoenix playfully batted at his ears, her paws going directly through them. Crow raised an eyebrow and pushed her easily with a paw.

She fell, getting back up and dusting off her ginger coat. "You're strong for a ghost. How'd you do that?"

"I've been a ghost for a while. I've learned to do a lot."

Phoenix rolled her eyes amused and stood. She jogged out of the rocky cave and decided to ahead towards The Forbidden Forest. She made her way there slowly, the wind pushing her back as the rain fell down the clouds above. It started soft and slow but by the time she reached The Forbidden Forest, it was already penetrating her skin.

Phoenix sighed, glancing to her side. Hawk ran beside her and crossed the border, his body which was seemingly translucent became opaque. He turned to Phoenix and smiled.

Phoenix was reluctant. The scent of the forest disgusted her. It wasn't something she was particularly used to, despite constantly going around it. Straight after, she crossed the border. The scent of smoke filled her nostrils as she stepped over the broken twigs that could impale her paw pads.

It was misty, the rain didn't help either. Phoenix looked around the area, trying to figure out what to do next. All she could see was broken branches and cut down trees. Logs of wood lay around and bones were scattered everywhere.

"A new friend! Come 'ere, friend!"

There was a voice, a child perhaps, coming from somewhere. Phoenix couldn't tell where it was coming from, but she looked down to see that wherever she walked, her paws brought life. Instead of ashes and a dappled ground consisting of grey and dark brown, life would arise from her paws and green could be seen.

Phoenix almost forgot about the child until it spoke again, sending shiver's down her spine. "Let's play, wanna play? A new friend! Come 'ere, friend!"

Hawk chuckled. "Go play with him, Phoenix. What are you waiting for?"

Phoenix gulped, "uh-" was all she could say before a cat was thrown out towards her. She was sure it was one of the cats that chased her and Red. Phoenix watched the blood exit its mouth. It was a grey tabby who was shaking violently. His eyes were wide, blood oozing out of his entire body as he looked up at her in fear. Phoenix was shaken when she realized it was still alive.

"R-Run. . ."

The cat's eyes dilated as he became limp, and Phoenix looked at Hawk in fear.

"Eat," the child told Phoenix. "You're hungry, aren't you?"

"No, I'm not." Phoenix responded, the child fell silent.

Silent. . .

Phoenix couldn't see it because it happened so fast, but the child leapt out. He screeched, but Phoenix was able to dodge and run out of The Fobidden Forest.

She looked up at Hawk, panting. "What was that?"

"He's a cat that lives there, don't mind him."

"Don't mind him? He tried to kill me!"

"You can't defeat him on your own. Maybe one day you might, but right now you're destined to do something else."

"What's that?"

"Don't worry, you'll find out."

Hawk's body dispersed and Phoenix, who was still startled, walked off. She headed back to the cave as quick as she could since her pelt was heavy with water.

Phoenix finally made it back and laid down, was she ever going to get to sleep?

The Five Giantsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें