Chapter 37: Hopscotch

Harry

She was gone.

Every muscle in my body ached. Nearly every rib was shattered. My fingers had been broken and re- broken. My head was pounded into concrete. My stomach had been punctured by every sharp thing in the book. My flesh had been eaten and rotted, then reguvinated so I could relive the pain again and again.

But I would go through all of that just to see her one last time.

I knew she was gone now. There was no way to fix what had been done. She was gone.

I couldn't move.

All I could do was lie there, crumbled in pain and sob away the misery. There was a furious tremor that flew through my body, but I couldn't act on it. I was too physically broken.

If Zayn would've beaten me with mortal weapons I would be fine. I would have sprung to Elaine's side with ease... But unfortunately, I was beat with the best of immortal weapons.

And now there was no way to heal unless Zayn died, or gave up his blood willingly.

He would never do that. Ever. And now my beautiful, innocent, and perfect Elaine would suffer his wrath.

Rage consumed my soul. Rage that could only be tamed by her.

I rose to my feet. My body protested in agony... Complete agony. But I pushed it aside.

He wouldn't touch her, I knew that much. He didn't have the guts to kill her. Zayn was all talk until he got you where you needed to be. I was weak, that's the only reason he was able to hurt me.

But me... I had the guts to kill. And now, my bloodlust wasn't just for anyone.

It was for him. I would kill him.

Even though my pain was only getting worse, and unshed tears escaped my eyes, I moved forward. For Elaine.

What Zayn had planned wasn't death. It was far more treturous that that.

He was going to make her forget.

*

Elaine

"Don't touch me." I spat. Lucifer raised his eyebrows and moved closer out of spite.

"Well, your a little feisty for my taste, but I'll work with it." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes, "can't you just do whatever you have planned? Can't you just... Kill me now?" I whimpered.

He scoffed, "I'm not killing you." He said. My eyes widened.

"W-what?" I whispered.

"I'm not killing you doll... I'm only going to... Make him suffer. Not you... You have other purposes." He slyly slid an arm around my waist. I tried to push his strong body away from my own. His eyes stared deeply into mine, and I lost my breath.

He was beautiful. His eyes told a story... They were so honest. So open to you. So unlike Harry. Harry's eyes told a story also... But he didn't open that story up to you. He made you find it out. And I loved that about him. Yes, there was a certain beauty to having such an open soul... But being able to dig through it all and find something beautiful underneath...

"You look so much like her Elaine..." He murmured. His lips were inches away, and they were so plump, they were the color of a ripe cherry... 

But they weren't Harry's.

"Who?" I mumbled. I moved my neck back a tad, trying to increase the distance between our lips.

I was playing hopscotch with my feelings. I wanted to be nice to this man because I wanted to save Harry... But at the same time I wanted to rip his head off in disgust. He was a monster. Not Harry.

"Who?" I pushed.

He licked his lips and leaned forward, instead of kissing my lips, he leaned into my ear and whispered, "your grandmother."

***

Hai.

Vote please, and when you do... I'm begging you... Please comment. Merry late Christmas

Also, check out my other stories. They're all Harry fanfics so tell your fellow harry bitches bout em'.

The song on the side fits how Elaine and Harry feel about each other... Its beautiful... Listen to it.