Chapter 22: Rejection

.

.

.

.

.

.

Elaine's POV

He tried.

And he tried.

And he tried.

But the words were already spoken, and I didn't care to fight back anymore. He had taken my memory, which bothered me to no end, and he tried to play it off as noting. He even had the audacity to pick a fight with me.

I'm not one to over react on things, but this was just wrong. You share things in a relationship... not hide and hope your partner doesn't find out. I will find out what he's keeping from me... I will.

He's apologized many times, but he told me to 'shut my fucking mouth.' So am I wrong to do exactly as he wished?

No, I think not.

He wanted to end it there and I did. Now he'll have to endure what it's like to get what you asked for... Even if it's not what you really want.

What angered me is that, even while I'm infuriated with him, I want to hold him. I want to caress his cheek, tell him 'it's ok, I forgive you.' But I couldn't because I had to hold my ground. As much as I wanted to kiss him and love him, I had to show him.

I had to teach him.

I realize now that I am very much like a teacher to him. I have to teach him calmness, love, patience, many things. And he has to teach me things too. Mostly sexually, but world wise too. I haven't much experience with the world, having been blind my whole life. So him teaching me is very useful and appreciated.

But right now, I wanted him to leave me alone. We were supposed to go out to the city today, but I don't think we are anymore. Unless he miraculously bucks up and tells me what memory he took from me.

For some reason, I feel like it was important. Very important. And if so, why couldn't he just tell me? Why was it such a big deal? He knows I would never judge him, I love him for gods sake. Not only that but he also knows I'm open to anything when it comes to him. He can talk to me about anything... we love each other.

"El?" Harry calls from atop the staircase. His hair looks like he's run his hands through it repeatedly, and his eyes look guarded and worried. I hate seeing him like this, I really do. But he wanted me to shut my fucking mouth, so I will.

I hate it when he cusses at me.

He makes his way into the room, keeping his eyes on me as he walks. Almost as if he's afraid I'll deteriorate before his eyes.

No way Jose.

"Are you... I'm so... please just... ugh!" He groans frustrated and throws himself to the floor. He claws at his hair, making it stick up in wild curls.

He looks so lost and frustrated. I know I'm supposed to give him what he wants by shutting my mouth but-

"Don't you get it Elaine?! I don't want you to shut up! I want to hear your beautiful angelic voice again! I'm sorry I said that, I know what I did was wrong, but I just need you to trust me. I promise I'll tell you all you need to know in time. Please... just... talk to me baby." He pleads. His eyes swim with moisture and I gasp as a tear slips down his cheek. I think I'm the only person he's cried in front of.

"You are." He mumbles, nodding his head.

Before I can think, my lips move.

"Stop reading my mind dammit." I say scowling. He breathes a sigh of relief and crawls on the bed.