Chapter 44: Something's changed

.

.

.
Harry

I watched her sleep in my arms. Her brown, curly locks of hair caressed my skin softly. Her plump lips were parted as warm, sweet breaths came from them. Oh, how I loved this woman.

I remember when I first saw her, she was fresh out of the womb and she was stunning. Unlike many babies, she had hair already. And she had long, luscious eyelashes that framed her blind eyes.

Even then I never wanted to hurt her, I had many vile plans for her future... but when I finally had her in my clutches, it was her that rendered them silent. It was like I forgot every negative thought towards her.

And from then on, I couldn't stop thinking of her.

I couldn't get her sweet smile out of my mind, or her toxic voice, her mesmerizing talents.

And now it's only worse.

Now, she's my air. She's the love in which I'd lay down my life for. She's all I've ever needed.

I would do anything for her.

Anything.

.

Elaine

I woke up to the smell of bacon and pancakes. My stomach immediately grumbled and I rushed to the kitchen to eat.

Harry stood tall and proud in front of the stove, his lean back faced me, scratch marks from last night flashing on it.

I blushed.

"Hey baby," Harry said. He turned to smile at me. His boyish grin gave me butterflies.

"Morning," memories of last night flew through my brain. I let the obnoxious smile spread across my face, I let the warm feeling consume me, and I let the sweet happiness fill my soul entirely. I had no reason to push my feelings away.

Harry brought a plate piled with pancakes, bacon, and toast with juice. My mouth watered.

"Thank you." I kissed his cheek and watched him smirk.

"So, are we done with Lucifer now? I'd assume no." I said.

"You'd assume correct my love, there's no way we're done. But, we are taking a break until he finds us." He explained.

"Are we running?" I asked gingerly.

He snorted, "hell no, he has no clue who he's up against now."

I looked at him. I looked at his perfect skin, the way the sun had kissed it so sweetly.

I looked at his muscular build, the way his bones flexed as he moved graciously... so graciously.. like he owned the very ground beneath him.

I gazed at his facial structure, at how defined and strong his jaw bone was. At how lovely it complemented his face.

I looked at his lips, how soft and delectable they were. The way they felt against mine... the taste. And when they stretched in a smile, I could barely control my emotions.

I looked at his nose, and the way it sat so perfectly on his face, eventually leading up to his eyes...

His eyes. I stared into them. The green, gold, and small specs of blue took my breath away.

But even in all his glory, there was nothing more beautiful than his soul.

I could go on for centuries just talking about how pure his spirit was.

He smiled at me. A light, sweet, innocent dimpled grin.

He looked and felt like and angel.

He was an angel.

"I love you." I said... and without warning, a tear came to my eye.

It was the truth of the statement. Of course I had loved him before, but now... there was certainty behind it.

We could get through this. There was no impending doom following us.

We were not damned.

Suddenly, a strange feeling came over me... a dark feeling.

But yet, a powerful one as well.

"Elaine?" Harry questioned. I scrunched up my forehead in pain.

A cacophony of noise sputtered through my brain...

"Something's changed." Voices whispered.

"You are one with him now." Others would say.

I bit back a scream and let Harry guide me to a chair.

"Angel?" He whispered. I looked at him and immediately felt the pain lesson.

"I heard voices..." I said.

Instead of asking what they said, he placed a small kiss on my lips.

"I'm an angel now... but I had to be brutally evil to ever come close to being fully good." He said.

I didn't understand this, but somewhere deep inside of me I did.

"Did you cut your hand with the same knife you stabbed Zayn with?" He said quickly.

I nodded.

His face paled, but he kept his composure.

"What?" I said.

He only closed his eyes and smiled. "Nothing time can't heal."

He stood up and pulled me into his arms.

"Nothing time can't heal..."

***

Hey fam

V&C?

Thank you to all who took the Tim to read my other works. I appreciate you for that.

Heres a little update, there is MUCH TO COME YO.