XIV (Nico)

"Why exactly did we have to come here?" James asked.

"We're two of the gods Hecate asked to help you on your quest, you were supposed to meet all of before moving on to your first of many challenges," explained Ganymede. "You will need my help to face to eclipse."

"Who, or what is the eclipse?" Hazel asked.

"We're not sure yet but right now Gladiolus is fighting them alone," Hermaphroditus said. "You should leave now, he needs your help, now!"

The six of them left the Tavern and went to the RV, "can we stop for lunch?" Nico asked.

"There's a sushi restaurant right there, is that good?" James said.

"Sure"

Sadie opened the door to the restaurant being the first to be slammed by the fish stench that almost made Hazel vomit.

"Welcom, table for, three four five, six right?" The restaurant's hostest asked.

"Yep," Will said.

The hostest smiled, her lips curled up revealing large canine teeth, "right this way," she said leading the six to a private room, "your waiter will be here soon."

A few moments later another woman entered the room, "may I take your orders?"

"12 tuna sashimi will be good." Nico said.

"Okay," said the waitress.

She left for a few seconds and returned with the hostest, "sorry we can't take your order now, but we know our next meal."

The two of them slowly shifted forms becoming sakes with human heads and gleaming red eyes, the snake lady who was the hostest flickered her forked tongue, "save me the son of Amaterasu."

"I want the children of Shinigami," said the other.

"Who are you talking about?" Asked Nico.

"Don't play dumb son of Shinigami, we can sense your energies, you're children of the gods."

"Who's Shinigami?" Hazel asked.

"Your father, we smell the death coming off you two."

"Shinigami is the Japanese god of death, these two are Hebis Japanese snake shape-shifters, a type of bakemono," Lalin explained.

"Why do you know this and how do we kill them?" Nico said.

"Thier scales are really hard so you'll have to stab a fleshy part of their body, in myths the used iron blades or arrow, but be careful they-"

"Yeah yeah, got it," Nico tried to stab a bakemono in the eye but before his blade made contact the snake monster turned into a vapor form that his sword passed right through.

Hazel grabbed on to Lalin and Sadie's arms, the three of them vanishing into the shadows and reappearing in the RV. They were quickly followed by Nico holding onto Will and James.

"Let's not eat out again," Hazel said.

"Agreed," said Lalin.