Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

            I looked up to see Max staring down at me with a sad look on his face. He sat down next to me and pulled me into his lap. I started to cry into his chest. He slowly rocked me back and forth trying to calm me down. It was working.

            “Why did you run off like that? We were all so worried.” He whispered into my hair.

            That made me mad! Everyone was worried about me? What about him! He just ran off without saying anything. I pushed myself off of him and scrambled to stand up.

            “Why did you run off like that?” I screamed at him. “You just left me there feeling awful thinking that I had done something wrong.” I turned to storm off when his hand grabbed mine and pulled me into a tight hug.

            “I’m sorry; I just needed some time to think. I had know idea that it would upset you so much.” He said staring into my eyes.

            “Well I needed some time to think too, so I left; and I attacked someone.” I said disgusted with myself.

            “I’m so sorry, Annabelle. I should have taken the time to teach you how to be a vampire instead of being so short with you.” He replied with sincerity.

            I sighed. “Can we go home now? I really need a shower, and I could really use a proper drink. I’m starting to feel really weak.” I stated as I collapsed in his arms.

            I must have passed out because when I opened my eyes I was in my bed with the blankets covering me. I looked up to see a worn out looking Max sitting in a chair beside my bed.

            “Hey…” I whispered. Max looked up at me and smiled before reaching for a glass from my night table. He handed me a big glass of blood and I happily accepted it.

            “How are you feeling?” He asked. His eyes were slightly sunken in and he had big dark circles under them.

            “Me? I’m okay. Are you okay? You don’t look very good.” I asked as I sat up and placed a hand on his shoulder.

            “I was just worried about you. Maggie told me that you hadn’t had anything to drink since I left. That and you locked yourself in your room?” He replied trying to laugh.

            I moved over in my bed and pat the mattress as a way of telling him to lie down. He didn’t even argue, he just got up and climbed into bed with me. He rolled over to face me and just stared into my eyes before he let out a loud sigh and wrapped his arm around me. I could feel sparks emanating from where he and I touched. I sighed and nuzzled closer to him and rest my head on his chest. I could feel him place a soft kiss on the top of my head before resting his chin there. I took a deep breath enjoying his scent surrounding me. I wanted to ask him why it felt so good being so close to him, or why I always felt electricity when he touched me… But, I decided not to ruin our moment together.

            “I should go.” He mumbled right before I could fall asleep.

            “Why?” I asked softly.

            “I should let you rest.” He replied, still not moving.

            “But, I’m resting now.” I commented.

            “We shouldn’t be this close.” He said before letting me go and rolling out of my bed. I felt instantly cold without him.