Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four

            Nick walked me to work the next day. He wasn’t even working. I was surprised when I saw him outside my building.

            “I couldn’t stop thinking about you.” He smiled.

            “I thought about you too.” I smiled back.

            “I couldn’t help but to regret not kissing you goodnight last night.” He said looking away embarrassed.

            I laughed. “Awe, that’s really sweet.” I said taking his hand.

            He looked back at me with kind eyes. “Can I kiss you now?” He asked stopping on the sidewalk.

            “I have a habit of moving too fast. How about we wait until the third date?” I asked.

            “Of course.” He replied smiling. We continued walking down the street to the bar.

            “Well, here we are.” I said sadly. I was enjoying the feel of his hand in mine.

            “Yeah. I’ll see you tomorrow?” He asked with a hopeful look on his face.

            “Absolutely. Where are we having our second date?” I asked.

            “It’s a surprise.” He replied with a smirk.

            “Okay.” I laughed.

            I squeezed his hand and then let go so that I could head into the bar.

            “So I guess the date went well.” Jack said from behind me.

            “Yeah, it did.” I said watching Nick walk away from the bar.

            “Good to know you put out on the first date. Now I know what to expect when we go out.” He said with a suggestive grin.

            “First of all, I will never go out with you.” I stated bluntly as I walked around him and towards the back room. “Second, I don’t put out, ever really.”

            “You’re a virgin?” He laughed. “No way, you are way too hot to be a virgin.” He commented.

            I sighed, I was getting a headache. “Well I really don’t care what you think about my sex life, or in this case, the lack there of.” I said rudely as I put my stuff in my locker and slammed the door.

            “No wonder you’re so hot. It’s like you have this look about you that draws guys in so they can be the first one to tap that.” He explained.

            “Jack, shut up before I have to tell Sully you are sexually harassingme.” I told him seriously.

            “You know you like the attention, all girls do.” He smirked.

            I could feel the disgusted look that was on my face. “Yeah, no.” I said walking behind the counter to start my shift.

            I worked a full eight hours, I was tired and just wanted to go home. I was going to be all alone, Jay and Maggie were going out, and I didn’t feel like seeing Rose and Liam just yet. I couldn’t see them, not after the incident with Max. I didn’t know what to say, and what if he was there. I walked out of the bar to see Nick waiting outside the door with single pink rose in his hand.