Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five

                        I couldn’t sleep. After I was sure Nick was asleep, and by sure I mean I could hear him snoring, I went to the kitchen to get some blood. I kept it in on of the veggie bins. I grabbed the pouch I had opened the other day and poured myself a glass. As amazing as our little make-out session was, I usually had a lot more self-control. I took a deep breath and drank my blood. I would have to be more careful around Nick now. I had cut him; I didn’t want to do that again.

            I walked over the couch and sat down. I put on another Harry Potter movie and pulled a blanket over myself. I finished my blood and curled up. I was almost asleep when I heard shuffling in the guest room. I quickly got up and rinsed my glass out in the sink before I heard the door open.

            “Hey, what are you doing up?” Nick asked rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. He came over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist before placing a kiss at the base of my neck.

            “You’re rather friendly in the morning.” I laughed. “I couldn’t sleep.” I said softly.

            “Really? I slept like a baby.” He said stretching.

            I smiled, he looked adorable. “Go take your shower.” I said as I gently pushed him towards the bathroom.

            I heard him close the door and I sighed leaning against the counter. I knew what would happen; I was going to fall for him. Something would happen, we would breakup, and I would be crushed and alone again.

            I heard the water running and Nick singing. I laughed. He was singing My Girl very loudly and way off key. I started a pot of coffee and looked in the fridge for some breakfast food. I grabbed some eggs and hash browns and pulled a pan off of the rack. I had just finished cooking when I heard the shower shut off. I turned when the door opened and I saw Nick exit the bathroom in nothing but a fluffy white towel around his waist. I gasped and turned away. I heard Nick laugh.

            He came out of the guest room fully dressed, thank goodness, and joined me at the table for breakfast.

            “You cooked me breakfast?” He asked surprised.

            “Yeah. You have class this morning, you should eat something.” I smiled.

            “I never get to eat breakfast before school. This is so sweet.” He said with a smile as he reached across the table for my hand.

            “We still on for our date tonight?” I asked.

            “Definitely.” He said his smile even bigger.

            “Great. So you’ll pick me up after work?”

            “Yes. Wear something a little nicer than casual.” He told me.

            “Yes, sir.” I said saluting him and clearing my dishes.

            He finished his breakfast and was out the door by seven thirty. I went over to Jay’s apartment so I could explain everything to Maggie. I knocked on the door and Jay answered the door.

            “Hey, Annabelle. Maggie said you had an overnight guest last night.” Jay said wiggling his eyebrows at me.

            I laughed and pushed past him. “Is Maggie here?” I asked.

            “Annabelle!” I heard Maggie scream answering my question.

            “Hey Maggie.” I said when she came into the living room.

            “Spill.” She said sitting next to me on the couch.

            “I just started seeing a guy named Nick from the bar, last night was our second date.” I told him.

            “You slept with him on the second date?” Jay asked sitting next to Maggie and staring at me with wide eyes.

            “No, we did kiss a little bit though.” I cringed as Maggie let out a squeal.

            “Nice.” Jay said.

            “He’s a really sweet guy. He had an early class and it was already one in the morning so I suggested he stay the night, that’s why I needed the clothes.” I explained.

            “Is he a good kisser?” Maggie asked.

            I laughed. “Yes, I hadn’t had any blood in a couple days, I was a little spirited last night.” I rationalized.

            “Yeah, yeah, blame it on your thirst.” Maggie said rolling her eyes. “Face it, you just wanted to kiss him. It’s okay; you are a beautiful, smart, single woman.” She smiled.

            “She’s right, if you are feeling guilty because you still have feelings for Max, don’t. If he wants to date you, he will need to come here and tell you that.” Jay said.

            “I’m not feeling guilty, but I do still have feelings for him. He keeps just popping up and kissingme.” I sighed.

            “Well, knowing my brother, he will show up again.” Maggie added.

            “Well, when he does, I will be with Nick. I really like him and I’m not going to sabotage everything so I can be alone when Max decides to come back.”

            We ended the conversation there. I went home, took a nap, and then got ready for work. I got to work two minutes before my shift. I walked in, ignored Jack, and went straight to my locker.

            “Hey, hot stuff.” Jack said as I walked behind the counter.

            “Hi, Jack.” I said nicely. I was determined not to let him ruin my good mood.

            “Why are you so happy?” Jack asked giving me a weird look.

            “I’m just in a good mood, Jack. Why is that so hard to believe?”

            “Oh, you got some last night, huh?” He laughed.

            “It’s none of your business.” I said before attending to a customer.

            “Nick’s a lucky man.” Jack whispered in my ear when I finished helping the customer.

            I shivered as his breath tickled my ear. “Stay away from me, Jack.”

            “You know you want me.” He smirked.

            “Don’t make me throw up all over you.”

            When my shift was over, I went back to my apartment, took a shower and put on a lace black dress that went to my knees. I had just finished putting on my shoes when the doorbell rang. I ran to the door and opened it. Nick was there with a bunch of white roses. I smiled and let him in. he stared at me like he had never seen me before.

            “Is this too much?” I asked.

            “No, it’s perfect.” He answered. He was wearing a nice pair of jeans a button down shirt and a leather jacket. “Ready to go?” he asked; he was still staring at me.

            “Yeah. Let’s go.” I replied.