CHAPTER 19

"Do you pity me Jacob because if you do, I'm not taking this."

"No I dont-"

"Then why would you give me all this money?!"

"You deserve it. You deserve more."

" I can't take-"

"It's either that or the rent."

"What do you mean?"

"It's either you take that or pay no rent."

The frown on my face deepen so I look away from him to look at the check again.

"Why are you doing this?"

"You deserve it. You deserve more. You-"

" I know what but why?!", I huffed.

"You're my woman now, Vanessa. You deserve more than what life throws at you. You're too good to be working hard for nothing and I'm not going to stand by and watch that happen. Now, I suggest you take the money before you make me upset."

Looking at the check for a few minutes, I cleared my throat, coming to an internal agreement of taking the money instead of paying no rent. I wouldn't feel comfortable living for free because I was an independent woman and I didn't know how long Jacob and I would last.

It didn't take us long to get to his house in complete silence. By the time he had park the car I was in complete awe because as we turn from the main road to the dirt road to get to his house, lights covered the sides of the stone part all the way up to the steps and the porch.

I got out and close the door after me before he even had the chance to open it and he didn't look happy. I waited until he started to walk to follow behind him completely ignoring his stare down.

The house was well lit with lights so much that you could see some of the bedrooms and everything quite clearly.

Unlocking the door, I entered behind him. I swear the house felt so cozy it almost felt like I truly belong here. Like it was my home and it smell nice.

I look at the stairs while running my hands the dark wooden banister of the stair case, the texture was smooth. I follow him until we reach a long hall way with several doors. Standing by he last door, moving from the next feet to the next, I waited for him to open but Eve though he open the door I still didn't went in until he let me in.

"Aren't you coming in?"

I nodded my head entering the bedroom. As I look around standing there awkwardly not knowing what else to do. I notice that the room looked like a man's room due to the lack of womanly items although it was a filled with a bit of colour for a man like Jacob.

The walls were made out of wood obviously but they were painted in a grey colour making the room look a bit dark. Thee were a few pictures of nature and other paintings decorating the walls.

In the middle of the room was a massive bed covered with colourful embroidery grey sheets with a large cushion chair with fluffy pillows at the end. I could see the forest just outside behind of it. It had white black curtains parked at the side held back by red ribbons when ready for privacy.

However, there were two doors which I guess was a walk in closet and the bathroom. In the corner of the room there were wooden couches with cushions for comfort with a black coffee table in front of it with a white rug under there legs.

It seems that all the furniture in the room was made from mahogany but in all the room was fabulous.

"You can change in the bathroom. I'll be downstairs."