CHAPTER 12

On my way to the cafeteria it was a bit hard at first because the throbbing was still there but eventually it went away and I silently thank God because I didn’t know how I was going to sit perfectly normal with my friends without squirming in my seat.

When I got there they were already seated and eating. Sarah always brought lunch for us made by her maid who liked us.

I quickly made my way over to them and sit down but not before I was bombarded with questions.

“Where were you?”

“Where have you been?”

“ Are you alright?”

“What the hell?!”

What? That caught my attention. I turn my head to ask what happen but I only turn to see Luke face twisted in anger glaring at my neck.

“You were with fucking Jacob weren’t you?”

“I…um..no… I was in the bathroom”, I tried to come up with an excuse quickly.

“Don’t lie to me Van. There’s a hickey on your neck!”.

Oh shit…How was I suppose to know there was a hickey on my neck…my complexion was a bit dark. I know I should of went to the bathroom first. Jacob was sure to hear an ear full of my mind when I see him. For now all I did was move my hair to side of my neck to cover it up from further prying eyes while Luke was glaring. I didn’t want anyone else thinking I was a whore or something.

“It’s just a rush Luke. I woke up with it this morning”, I try to assure him.

Meanwhile Sarah was beaming with excitement of probably wanting to hear all about Jacob and I, Hope was just smiling at men and Justin gave me a half smile. He was protective but he knew that life was just life.

Hope and Sarah knew I was fond of Jacob expect Luke and I guess Justin was just smiling because the situation looked entertainment from his point of view.

“Look at me Vanessa”

I couldn’t look him in the eye. I knew he would be able to tell I was lying but it was like he wanted me to tell him the truth myself so I didn’t look at him instead I looked all over the cafeteria. I was made aware he didn’t like Jacob from the weekend and I felt really guilty that I had just made it worst between him and I.

But you weren’t feeling guilty when Jacob was touching you.

Oh shut up! I shush my subconscious.

A chair made a loud noise breaking me from my thoughts. It was then I realized it was Luke, he was walking angrily towards the door with some curious eyes lurking his way wondering what was going on.

With that Justin ran after him telling him to wait up, leaving me with Sarah and Hope. It didn’t take long for them to start bombarding me with questions. Could it be Like liked me or something for him to behave this way. If he did I only saw him as a friend and a brother and I was going to confront him about it but I wanted an answer from my friends first.

“Do you guys think Luke likes me?”

“So you completely ignored our questions to ask one like that”, Hope said with some annoyance lace in her voice.

“Am serious! I don’t know why he would behave this way…well this weekend Jacob and him were fighting-“

“Wait! Did you say they were fighting?”, Sarah interrupted me.

“No wonder he came by me with a busted lip but no I don’t think my brother likes you. Trust me I would of known. He sees you as a sister. It’s just that Jacob and Luke aren’t on best terms ever since high school and it probably hurt him to see you took a liking to someone he hates”, Hope explained wiggling her eyebrows and pointing towards my neck.