CHAPTER 5

After I was finish, I walked home to my apartment. I took the elevator to go up and press my floor number. As I waited I went into a deep thought of what I was going to wear for the evening out.

I heard the elevator dink signaling me that I was on my floor. The doors open and I got out. Taking the keys from my bag, I open the door to my apartment, went inside, close the door, took off my shoes and went straight to the kitchen. I rest my handbag on the counter and went to get a glass of water. It was my normal routine.

My phone made a sound signaling me that I got a message. I took my phone from my bag and checked it.

Sarah: Heyyy! Are you ready to partyyyy!

Me: Nope!

Sarah: Oh come on Vanessa. Are you serious?

Me: Yes! I don’t know what to wear

Apart from the clothes in my cupboard, I had a good amount but among them there wasn’t any that I could wear to a party.

Sarah: Hang on. I will be there in about 20 minutes.

Me: Okay. Drive safe okay!

Sarah: Yeah, yeah

I hope she doesn’t get another speeding ticket…again

After I finish texting her I took off my clothes and showered. As I was wrapping a towel around me securely, I heard a knock on the door and to confirm me of who the person was they begun to shout my name, way too loudly….Sarah

“Vanessa!, Vanessa!, open the door! It’s me! Sarah! Your best friend who you lov-“, Sarah rambled on before I open the door to let her in.

“Took you long enough to answer me. Thought I would have to break down your door!”, she inquired coming in.

I took the chance of observing her outfit. She wore a tight fitted black strapless dress that showed her define curves and some cleavage. She topped the outfit by wearing gold glitter heels, a gold shoulder purse and her hair curled down to her back. She looked spectacular as always.

When I looked up at her, she was looking at me with a confuse look but before I could say anything she beat me to it.

“You can’t be serious”, looking me up and down with a confused expression on her face.

“What?”

“You are going to wear a towel to the club”, Sarah asked pointing at my towel.

“Yeah, don’t I look sexy!”, I joked modeling for her while I laugh.

Um…no. I don’t think so.”, she bluntly joked picking up a bag that I didn’t even notice she had brought with her.

“Here, try this on.”, she suggested giving me the bag, smiling like if she was satisfied with something.

“What is it?”

“A dress you would like. Now go and try it on, I would be in the kitchen if you need me.”, she answered pushing me towards my bedroom.