nine; CRUSH CULTURE

CRUSH CULTURE ; conan gray
❤︎
february 9ᵗʰ

-

The next morning, Daniel made his way down the stairs in a better mood than usual.

He hopped down the stairs, bouncing into the kitchen as soft hums escaped his lips. He ignored the look Anna sent him from where she sat on the counter, bowl of cereal in her lap.

Her hair was up in a messy bun, falling apart from how she must've slept. She looked just barely awake as she glared at him, opposite to Daniel who walked around with a faint smile and a blushing glow.

"What are you on?" Anna asked, "It's too early for you to be bouncing off the walls."

"I'm just happy." Daniel shrugged. "Is that a bad thing?"

"Haven't decided." Anna narrowed her eyes at him, following him as he reached up for a bowl.

As Daniel began to pour cereal out and into the bowl, Keri walked in from the backyard, mug of coffee in her hands.

"Morning." Keri smiled at them, getting the same back. She walked around the edge of the counter to the other side, standing next to Daniel as she filled her cup again.

Daniel finished up, about to walk away with his bowl when he felt eyes on him. Peering up at his mom, he raised an eyebrow.

"Um, yes?" Daniel asked.

"Why is there paint in your hair?" Keri asked curiously, examining the front strands that were laced with blue and white. She reached her hand up as Daniel dodged her, picking up his bowl and beginning to walk out.

"I was painting yesterday. Must've gotten paint in it and not noticed." Daniel grinned, shrugging innocently. "Okay, bye now!"

Daniel began his trek up the stairs and back to his room. He slowed his steps as his mom and Anna started talking, pausing a second to listen.

"Him and Corbyn painted yesterday." Anna informed her, Daniel feeling his eyes roll out of habit.

"Oh? What did they paint?"

"Corbyn's room." Anna said. "But from my experiences painting, I don't know how he managed to get paint in his hair the way he did accidentally."

Daniel huffed, making his way up the remainder of the steps and into his room.

When it was going on ten a while later, Daniel figured Jack should be up by now, or would be soon. He texted him asking if he wanted to hang out, realizing he hadn't had a proper conversation without others around with his best friend in a week, though it felt like forever.

He left to shower, taking his time as he waited for Jack to answer him.

Twenty minutes later when he was out and dressed, he flopped down on his bed with a sigh.

Jack🤡😘

hey

yours or mine ? or do
you wanna go somewhere ?