Ice Skates And Snowflakes; Canada x Reader

Request by Anonymous. I'm writing a one shot about winter even though it's summer. Dorky me!

"I'm not sure about this Matthew. I've never ice skated before..." I worried, as I looked out to the snow-covered landscape. Matthew was currently driving me to a frozen lake at a campsite from town. Ever since High School, Matthew and I have been best friends, due to no one wanting to talk to me when I first moved to the little Canadian town. He was sweet as maple syrup and I fell for it! After we graduated, Matthew and I kept in touch in our little ski town.

"Oh, you'll do fine, aye. It's easy once you get used to it." Matthew assured, as he continued to look at the slightly icy road. No one was on the road except Matthew and I. The only sound was the sound of the car. Matthew pulled into an old, rundown campground and parked in front of the lake. A couple of little cabins were spread out near the bank of the lake. Completely iced over, Matthew walked onto the ice to determine if it was safe to skate on. That being the case, Matthew came back and opened the truck, "The ice is thick enough. We should be able to skate without any problems, aye." He stated, as he gave me my newly bought ice skates.

"Once again Matthew! I'm not sure about this..." I restated, not wanting to embarrass myself.

"What are you worried about?" Matthew asked, looking at me with sad, puppy dog eyes. My cheeks turned a little more red, but was gone unnoticed because of the cold weather.

"I'll fall on my butt and embarrass myself. What if someone sees? What if I get hurt?" I panicked, trying to find a proper excuse. I mean, who would want their crush to see them fall on their butt repeatedly?! No one in the history of ever!

"You won't get hurt! A sore butt maybe, but nothing serious. Besides, no one is here to bother us. It's my private property after all." Matthew explained shyly. My eyes widened in surprise, as I looked at his flushed face.

"Y-You mean, w-we're out here a-alone?" I questioned softly, trying to not sound embarrassed, but failing immensely.

"Y-Yeah... Guess we are..." He answered, before pulling out his skates in the trunk of the car. Once he tied his laces, he glanced at me seeing how I was doing. After a moment, I tied my skates and looked at Matthew, "You ready to hit the ice?" Matthew asked, pointing to the frozen lake. I nodded and tried to walk to the desired destination, before falling over and being caught by Matthew, "(Y/N)?! Are you okay?!"

"J-Just trying to get to the lake, you know?" I answered. He nodded and took my hand in his. Matthew lead me to the lake, making sure I didn't fall again. Once on the ice, he looked back at me with a smile.

"Ready for me to let go?" Matthew queried. I nodded, ready for anything. Matthew let go, and I fell on the ice immediately. This was going to be a long day of cold butts... Matthew offered his hand to me and I gladly took it, "Okay, aye. Maybe it would be easiest if you held on to me until you're ready to skate on your own. Sound good?" Oh... Oh my... I took his shoulder for support and decided to move a little. Matthew started off slowly, as I held for dear God, "Why don't you hold my hand instead (Y/N)? It'll be easier, aye." I shook my head.

"N-No! I'm good back here!" Matthew rolled his eyes at my statement, before turning around. He took my hand and started skating around the lake, like we were in a ballroom. Thirty minutes later, I got used to the whole skating thing and let go of Matthew's shoulder and hand. I moved on the ice without falling on my butt like an idiot. The moment I let go, however, it started to snow a little. Everything was calm and peaceful. I felt like a whole, new person. I looked to a sad Matthew, which made me a little concerned, "You alright?" I asked, after I skated toward him. Matthew, without any words, took my hands and placed one on his shoulder. Agreeing to the little ice dance, I moved on the ice with him. After a while, we started to do quicker spins and lifts. Thank God the blush was overridden by the cold! I started to get dark and colder, but Matthew and I continued to dance in the light snowfall. I could have danced forever with him.

"Oh! I didn't even notice the sun setting, aye! Do you want to head to the main cabin? I get your luggage for you?" He asked, with a small, contempt smile.

"Y-Yeah, sure. Do you want cocoa or tea when you get back?" I questioned, thinking of making him a hot beverage. He answered cocoa, before I ran to the main cabin to prepare Matthew a hot beverage. After I was done, I grabbed some firewood and started a fire in the fireplace, to keep the old cabin warm and comforting. Once Matthew walked in, I gave him his mug of hot cocoa. We both sat on the couch in front of the fire, watching the wood crackle and slowly burn away.

"So?" Matthew started to ask, "Did you have fun today?"

"It was tons of fun! I really liked it; you know. I wish I could do that more often." I commented, as I happily sipped on my hot cocoa.

"W-What if you could?" Matthew stuttered, as a large blush painted on his cheeks. I knew it wasn't the cold that made them that way, "What if you could skate here anytime you want?"

"I would." I answered softly, "I really would."

"Would you like to live here then... w-w-with me??" Matthew stuttered again, closing his eyes shut. I opened my mouth to speak but couldn't find the right words. 'What should I say?' I wondered, as an intense blush spread across my cheeks more.

"I-I-I would." I answered, looking at him. His eyes stared at me with astonishment, like I would never say yes. Matthew swallowed his spit, before slowly moving toward my lips; However, he didn't even touch them. Instead, he kissed my forehead.

"I'm glad... you return my feeling, aye." He purred, as he moved a little closure on the couch. I leaned on his shoulder, as I looked at the fire.

"Yeah... Me too..."