"Beautiful As The Roses"; France x Reader

'Ah... Another day of swaying girls' hearts... I am really getting tired of this though...' These couple of words is what he thought everyday. In Hetalia Prep, the most handsome guy in the whole school was Francis Bonnefoy. With his long blond hair and his glistening blue eyes, any girl would fall for him and that was the problem. Francis now hated being able to attract any female he wanted. It was becoming a problem for no only himself, but other male students around him. Though every time new girls transferred into one of his classes, he would flirt like it was his destiny to be with this certain girl. After a while, Francis would lose all interest and move on to the next girl. He had no real reason for his actions, he just did it anyway. Francis stared out the window to look at the falling cherry petals that danced in the wind. He wasn't paying attention. he never really did through this class.

"Class! Please look up from your work to greet the new student joining us today." Mr. Rome said to get the attention of the other students in the class. Francis lazily looked to meet the person. After a single second, Francis's eyes widened in shock. He never saw someone so beautiful in his whole life. She had (H/L) (H/C) hair and dazzling (E/C) eyes. The longer Francis looked at the girl, the longer his heart-ached, "This is (Y/N) (L/N). Treat her well. (Y/N), you can sit with next to Francis. Will you raise your hand Francis, so (Y/N) can have a seat?"

He slowly raised his hand to signal the girl over to him. As she walked over to the empty seat and partner, other girls murmured hateful things under their breaths. The girl didn't mind though. When she took her seat, she took no mind to him in the slightest. To her, he was just another student wanting to be taught. Francis felt a feeling his his heart strings that he got when any girl was nearby; a sense of love. Though this feeling was felt millions of times before, the feeling seemed to have a brighter glow to it. It made his world warmer and more friendly. Something ached in his chest. 'This- feeling. I had never had this feeling before.' That was when he knew, he had to have her as his own. But how? After class, the girl packed up her things and left Francis to his own thoughts and ideas. Not a single word was muttered, nor spoken in his direction. He wondered if she would ever say anything to him directly. After a moment, he looked at the seat next to him and saw a lone pen on the floor of the room. He picked up the writing utensil and looked at the bottom. She had scribbled her name into the pen to insure that it was hers and hers only. A moment passed and he put the forgotten pen into his pocket, wanting to keep it all to himself. The next day, Francis and his two friends, Gilbert and Antonio walked to school together as they usually did; but Francis wouldn't say a singe word to his two chatty friends. He just looked at the blue sky in hope (Y/N) would say something to him.

"Hey amigo? Are you alright?" Antonio asked, in curiosity.

"Yeah, you haven't said a word about... well anything." Gilbert added.

"Yeah, I'm alright. I think I am in love..." Francis answered, with a hue of pink dusted on his cheeks. Both Gilbert and Antonio smiled and looked at each other with a plan in mind.

"So you like a frau now? What is she like? Obviously she is not as awesome as me, but i thought i would at least ask." Gilbert asked, in interest, "Maybe when you dump her, I can take her off your hands."

"Oh we should tell everyone that you and her are dating, but who is she?" Antonio added.

"Her name is more beautiful than I have ever heard before; And she doesn't even want to talk to me either. When a new girl comes, she usually likes me right off the bat, but she paid no attention to me at all. Her name is (Y/N) and she is just perfect." Both Gilbert and Antonio looked at each other with a large smirk. When the boys dispersed, Antonio and Gilbert started to spread the rumor that Francis liked somebody. The gossip spread like wild fire! Everyone was murmuring about the very girl that stole Francis's heart. The guys felt relieved that the new girl gave the boys a chance with the girls, but the girls had other feelings. A dark aura clouded (Y/N)'s breathing room. Though she kept a cool head. After 3 months, Francis wanted to finally ask his crush out on a date. He was extremely nervous that she will deny him. The night before, he bought roses to give to he girl he found to love. The more he thought about her, the more he feel in love. When he got to school, he slid the confession letter in her locker and went to class. Anticipation filled his senses. He wondered if she liked him back; he hoped. At the end of class, he ran to the back of the school, where he told her to meet him. He held the roses tightly to his back, as he waited for her. He was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard a twig snap. When he looked up, he saw the girl he feel in love with. She was a good 5 feet away from him, but he felt like she was only centimeters.

"So... Did you send me this letter Francis?" She asked softly. Francis nodded as he longingly looked at the girl. He suddenly remembered that the roses were still behind his back. He pulled them out for her to see, "This is for you."

"Francis? I came here to decline your offer." Those couple of words broke the heart and spirit of Francis. He dropped the roses in the water soaked mud. The sky started to pity Francis.

"Why?" Francis asked, with pricks of tears in his eyes.

"Would you be foolish enough to think I wouldn't hear the gossip? Foolish enough to think I wouldn't figure out about the other girls?! Do you think I am an idiot?! How can I date someone who will leave me in the mud like those roses?! Baka!! You don't care about me! All you care about is yourself! Now just leave me alone and find someone else to bother, because I won't." With those words, she turned around and started to walk away. Francis's heart broke into a million pieces. The once beautiful roses were soaked in mud. He dropped to his knees and held the once beautiful bouquet of flowers close. The next couple of days, he would go to the back of the school to contemplate about what he did wrong. Today was going to be different. After the school day, he slowly walked to the back of the school, until he stopped. 'This is really pathetic. Why am I even coming here everyday?' As Francis turned around and started to walk away, he heard the sound of beating and talking. He hid behind the wall and listened to the conversation.

"You bitch!" One said.

"Francis would never like a hoe like you!" Another buttered.

"He can do so much better than you!" The third snarked.

Francis's eyes widened. He had no clue who they were talking to. When Francis glimpsed around the corner he saw the very girl that broke his heart, yet still loved. (Y/N) laid on the the muddy ground as the three girls kicked her senselessly.

"Fetch the boiling water! I think we need to finish her off!" The leader snickered. One of her minions ran to the heated pot and was ready to pour the pot, until Francis stepped out and grabbed to girl from behind.

"I suggest that you don't do that. She is my only love after all." He whispered into her ear. All the girls looked at him with a surprised look on their faces. They all ran for the front of the school, but Francis stayed behind and looked longingly at her now unconscious figure. He picked her up and ran to the hospital with her in his arms. The next couple days of days, Francis would come to visit her, even though she wasn't awake. After a week, Francis bought a single rose and walked to the hospital. When he opened the door, he saw her sat up and looking out the window. The gentle wind blew threw the window. The girl then looked at Francis with a sincere smile. Francis sat on the edge of the bed and looked longingly into her eyes.

"Did you deny my request because you were getting bullied?" He asked, with a friend. The girl was surprised, but turned her head away.

"Yes. I really liked you but a bunch a girl's started to bully me and I thought it would stop if you have up on me. I'm sorry, but why did you save me?" She replied.

"Because I love you." He replied.

"Is that rose for me?" She asked, as he nodded eagerly, "Thank you."

"You are as beautiful as the roses; and I don't know how I met such a beautiful girl like you." And let's say, they lived happily until death did they part.

France's Secret:
Already guessed by a lot of fans, France is a lonely soul that just wants to find someone that doesn't have to leave him.
Thanks for reading!