Chapter 33: Victoria, Jake

[VICTORIA]

After the holiday party on Christmas Eve, Liam arranged another party on New Years' Eve. Although I begged Jake to stay home and watch the ball drop on TV, he still dragged me to the party. Just like every other couple, we shared a kiss at midnight.

Our relationship was absolutely perfect.

I lay on our bed one week after New Years Day, my laptop resting on my stomach as I browsed through Netflix. As I looked for a new show, the bathroom door opened and Jake stepped out. A towel was wrapped around his waist, and a few droplets of water were still running down his body. His hair was slightly wet as he gave me a curious look.

"What are you doing?" He ran a hand through his hair.

God, he looked so hot.

I licked my lips as I took in his shirtless body. The towel was low enough to reveal the tattoo of my initials. I watched a drop of water slowly slide down his body, past the tattoo and sinking into his towel.

"What are you staring at?" He asked me, taking a few steps forward.

I set the laptop to the side and crawled over to the edge of the bed. He just stared at me with raised brows.

"Come here," I said, holding my arms out. He came to me slowly and wrapped his arms around me. My hands lay against his bare back. I smiled in satisfaction for being able to touch him.

I pulled back and looked up into his green eyes. He smiled down at me, a bit of confusion still in his eyes. I got up on my knees and wrapped my arms around his neck. I brought my lips to his, letting one of my hands into his hair.

He didn't hesitate to kiss me back, slipping his tongue into my mouth. I let out a slight moan, leaning back onto bed and bringing him down with me. His hand slid down the side of my body, reaching my leg before hiking it up so it wrapped around his waist. I threw my head back as he kissed down my jaw and my neck.

"Jacob, Jacob, please," I gasped out.

He was off me immediately. "You're still injured. I'm sorry."

I rose up on my elbows. "It's been six weeks. I'm fine."

He shook his head. "We should go see a doctor."

I groaned. "I'm fine! I know I've healed. Now, come here."

Jake shook his head. "You have to heal fully first."

"It's been almost five months since I've gotten any kind of action, Jacob. Aren't you the same?" I asked him, getting back on my knees.

He looked like a deer caught in headlights.

"You fucked another girl?" I exclaimed. No fucking way.

He shook his head frantically. "No! I didn't sleep with her. I just made out with a random girl at a club." My heart slowed a little bit as I calmed down. I knew that I had no right to get mad. "We were broken up, Victoria."

"I know," I mumbled. "But the thought of you with another girl is nauseating to me."

Jake was quiet for a moment. "You didn't get with anyone else?"

I shook my head. "No."

There was no way in hell he was going to make out with another girl and then refuse to sleep with me.

I reached up to wrap my arms around his neck again. He placed his hands on my waist, gently rubbing the area. I leaned forward to brush my lips against his collarbone. He tensed underneath me. "You know," I breathed, lightly pressing kisses against his neck, "I've been thinking about something."