Chapter 8: Jake

[JAKE]

I sat on the couch, Alex and Ian sprawled next to me.

Alex stuffed a handful of popcorn in his mouth. "This is pretty good," he nodded towards the tv, which was blaring the theme song of Friends.

I ignored him, and stared at the wall. Why weren't the girls back yet?

When Alex realized he wasn't going to get a response out of me, he turned to Ian. "It's pretty good right?"

Ian didn't respond. He was typing away on his phone, completely ignoring both Alex and the tv.

Alex huffed. "Why are you so worried, Jake?"

I turned to face him. "They are out there alone, and in a club they're not allowed to be in. They could get arrested."

Alex shrugged. "If they were arrested, I'm sure they would've called by now."

I resisted the urge to hit him.

Ian looked up from his phone. "You were never worried before. If it was just Ivy and Amy, you wouldn't give a shit. But since Victoria is with them, you're concerned." He smirked. "You like her and you know it."

I glared at him. "Ivy is my sister and Amy is one of my best friends. I have every right to be worried."

Alex raised his eyebrows. "And what is Victoria?"

I pressed my lips into a thin line. "Victoria is..."

Alex grinned. "A girl you have a crush on?"

I scowled at him. "I don't have a crush. She's an acquaintance."

"Denial isn't just a river," Ian muttered. Alex smirked.

As I opened my mouth to yell at them, Victoria and Ivy stumbled into the room, clutching each other and giggling.

Alex raised his eyebrows. "There you go. They're back."

Ian slowly put his phone down. "Where's Amy?"

Ivy shrugged. "Some guy took her home."

Ian clenched his hands. "What?"

Victoria rolled her eyes. "This guy she met took her home." She wiggled her eyebrows. "If you know what I mean?"

Ian gritted his teeth. "I know exactly what you mean." His voice was laced with anger although his eyes showed his pain.

Alex patted his back sympathetically. "Well, you do deserve it."

Ian glared at him. "She called me a whore."

Victoria frowned. "You guys aren't dating. She's allowed to sleep with other guys if she wants."

Ian looked away. "I'm going out. I'll be back in the morning." He stood up and made his way upstairs to go change.

Ivy giggled. "Alex, baby!" She staggered over to him.