Chapter 14: Victoria

[VICTORIA]

When I woke up the next morning, I felt like murdering Jake Santiago. Asshole.

I barely got any sleep last night because he was all I kept thinking about. One minute, he was being nice and friendly and then the next he was cold and rude.

It's your fault, though, my inner voice whispered. You keep pissing him off.

I stood up and walked toward my bathroom. I completed all of my morning rituals and was drying my hair from my shower, when I heard a knock at the door.

"Yeah?" I called out.

The door opened and Alex poked his head in. He quickly looked away when he noticed that I was only in a thin robe. I wrapped it closer to myself and felt my cheeks flush.

"Oh, um," Alex coughed awkwardly. "Sorry. Jake just said to dress in good clothes so that the press can't make you look bad."

I nodded, "Thanks."

Alex shot me a peace sign with his fingers before leaving the room.

After making sure that my hair was dry and wavy, I slipped on my red underwear. After fastening the clasp of my red bra, I turned to get my shirt, when the door slammed open.

I screamed in surprise and Jake looked like a deer caught in headlights.

"Oh my God! I...I am so s-sorry," He stuttered out, but his eyes didn't leave my body. If anything, he stared more.

"GET OUT!" I screamed.

His eyes traced down my chest, and grazed down my legs. I felt blood rush to my cheeks.

"I swear to God, Jake! If you don't—"

Jake was nodding crazily and he turned to the door but bumped into the door frame instead.

"Fuck! I'm sorry," he repeated over and over again before he closed the door behind him.

My heart was beating so fast, I thought it would burst out of my chest. What the actual fuck?

I hurriedly put on my clothes and slipped on a pair of brown boots. I did my makeup lightly before grabbing my phone, earbuds and purse.

The heels of the boots clicked against the floor as I made my way into the kitchen. There was a plate of pancakes on the counter but I headed for the box of Cocoa Puffs that was hidden behind the cornflakes.

I made myself a bowl of cereal before I heard my name being called. I turned around to face Alex.

"You stole my cereal!" He frowned.

I smiled sheepishly. "Sorry. Can I have some?"

He scowled. Then he smiled, "Yeah. Whatever."

I took my bowl to the table to see Jake eating a banana and using his phone. I quickly turned my head when I remembered what had happened upstairs. I felt the blood rush to my cheeks and Jake's gaze on me.

"Victoria," he said quietly. I looked up at him through my lashes.

"Yeah?" I asked, just as quietly. He opened his mouth to speak, but just as quickly his expression changed.