Chapter 23: Jake

[JAKE]

Victoria definitely knew how to make me forget about the tight schedule we were on.

She watched me lazily from the bed, a satisfied look on her face. The sheets covered her bare body.

I hurried to put on my clothes and glared at her when she didn't do the same. "Victoria, you can't stay in bed all day."

Victoria stretched out in the bed, the sheets falling away from her, giving me a glimpse of her body. She watched me swallow hard through her lashes. I couldn't look away from her. Everything about her drew me in, from her stretch marks to her breasts to her beautiful face.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I complained.

She gave me an innocent look. "Doing what baby?"

There was that word again. And it did the same thing in my pants the first time she had said it.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, needing to get my priorities straight.

She's always been your top priority.

Turning away from her, I slipped on the engagement ring. "Victoria, please hurry up."

"Ugh fine," she groaned. I hid my smile from her and walked to the living room and sat down. I answered a few emails on my phone and responded to Ivy's text messages.

Thirty minutes later, Victoria was out and standing in front of me. She still wore the necklace I had gifted her, and I noticed how the sapphire brought out the color of her eyes. She wore a red, off the shoulder crop top and a matching skirt that flowed to her mid thigh with gold sandals. Her midriff was completely exposed.

I raised my gaze to her face. She had an absolutely beautiful smile on her face, her lips dark red. Her makeup was done lightly to complement her outfit. Her hair hung free in loose waves. She gave me a small twirl.

"What do you think?" She asked

"What do you think?" She asked. I raised my eyebrows at her and stood up.

"You look stunning." I reached out to put my hands on her waist and bring her closer to me. "I love this color on you," I said softly.

My jaw ticked at the thought of her going out with so much skin exposed. The number of guys that would stare at what's mine to look at would surely drive me insane. But I was able to keep my possessiveness down and just smile down at her through clenched teeth.

"So many people are gonna be staring at you," I said, running a hand through her hair.

Victoria tilted her head back to look at me. "Are you jealous? Cause that's kinda hot, not gonna lie." She leaned against me, putting her hands on my biceps. "But as hot as that may be, you can't tell me what I can and can't wear."