Chapter 26: Victoria

Ignore the nails :)

[VICTORIA]

3 months later

"Victoria, we're gonna be late!" Meredith yelled, throwing a pillow at my head.

I groaned and shot a glare at my roommate. "That wasn't necessary."

She paused her hair brushing to give me a look. "Class starts at 10, Victoria. It's 9:15. You still have to shower, get your hair dried, put your clothes on and do your makeup. And we have to leave by 9:50."

I got up and let out a big yawn. "My class starts at 10:15."

She turned around to glare at me. "We always walk together."

I sighed and gathered my stuff for the bathroom. "And where has that gotten me? Having to wake up earlier, just to walk your stupid ass—"

A pillow hit me in the back and I let out a giggle as I ducked out of the room.

I quickly brushed my teeth and showered and went back to my dorm room. Meredith was on the phone when I entered the room but she hastily hung up when she noticed me.

I raised an eyebrow at her as I plugged in the blow dryer. "Who was that?"

Meredith paused for a beat before laughing nervously. "Just my brother. He was being annoying so I hung up."

I nodded, accepting her response, and turned on the blow dryer to dry my hair. After I brushed through it, I went to grab a blue crop top, but Meredith slapped my hand away.

"What the fuck?" I asked her, getting a little annoyed. She was the one complaining about me being late and now she was stopping me from getting ready.

"You know, there's gonna be a guest speaker in one of my classes today," she said, taking the top away from me.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "And I care because?"

She let out a heavy sigh. "Rumor says he's hot."

"Okay?"

She sighed again. "I want you to come to class with me. You have to look hot. Or at least hotter than usual."

I stared at her in confusion. "I'm not a business major."

She groaned. "Stop being difficult, Tori. This isn't the first time that I snuck you in to my class."

"I don't want to sneak in to just see someone drone on about business strategies."

She grabbed my arm. "Victoria, please! What if he is hot? I can shoot my shot and I need a wing woman! Please! I'll treat you to dinner. Please, please, please—"

I threw my arms up in exasperation. "Fine, fine. Let me get dressed."

"Wear this," she picked up some sort of red scrap of cloth and threw it at me. I caught it and held it up, my jaw dropping in the process. It was a bodysuit made of pure lace, with spaghetti straps, a deep V in the front and was completely backless.

"Are you fucking serious?" I almost shrieked. "This isn't even a top, it looks more like lingerie!"

"It's a top, baby girl. I got it as a gift but I can never wear it in public, because it looks obscene with my tits. You can pull it off. There are upsides to having small boobs," she grinned at me.

I groaned. "You're enjoying this, aren't you?"

She nodded, and threw me a little circular case. I opened it, and looked up at her incredulously.