03. loose ends ✓

Start from the beginning

"Then why did you bring me to this party?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't really know," Scott said. "But you're different somehow. And I want to know how you know this... Deucalion guy."

My smile quickly faded as he mentioned the Alpha. "It's a very long story, Scott, and not one I want to tell at a party."

"C'mon," Stiles said, breaking the tension. "Onward and upward, my friends!" He took our arms and pushed us ahead of him into the party house.

Right when we stepped inside, a bubbly, blonde girl whirled around and smiled at us. "Stiles! Hey!" I assumed it was her party. I quirked an eyebrow at her, suddenly wondering how a girl could be so perky. There must be alcohol here. 

I rolled my eyes when she went to kiss Stiles. I snatched a drink out of someone's hand and made my way through the house, brushing past Scott, who was too shocked by the blonde to move.

The alcohol felt sweet running down my throat as I swayed my body to the beat of the music. It felt so good to not think about my troubles for once. I remembered the last time I had danced like this... but I didn't want to think of the past tonight.

When my eye caught a boy's across the room, I knew what I wanted to do.

I took another sip of my drink and winked at him, smiling when the simple gesture made his jaw drop. What he didn't know is that when I had my sight set on someone I always got what I wanted. My aura was so mysterious and powerful that it drew people in and didn't let go until I said so.

Taking one last gulp of my beer, I made my way over to the teenage boy.

Dancing bodies bumped into me as I walked across the room, but nothing would slow me down. The boy smiled when I finally reached him. "Hey. I'm Nathan -"

"I don't have time for your name," I murmured, and crashed my lips into his.

My arms wrapped around his neck as he pressed my back against the wall. He was a nice... distraction, as Lydia had said before. The pleasure drowned my thoughts. Anything about Scott, Deucalion, Castor... it all washed away.

The boy had moved to sucking my neck when I heard my name. "Blaise?" My eyes snapped open to see Scott standing before me, looking at me with judgment swirling in his dark orbs.

"Can't you see I'm a little busy?" I snapped. When Scott didn't say anything I pushed the boy away. I put a hand on his pale cheek, cocking my head to the side to study him. His eyes weren't as beautiful as Castor's had been. "Sorry. I guess I'm done with you." With my rejection, my aura let go of him, and he walked away.

With a sigh I turned to Scott, using my hands-on-hips pose to convey my aggravation. "What do you want? I thought I was supposed to loosen up."

He crossed his arms. "I just want to know what you are. And most importantly, if I can trust you around my friends." I watched silently as his eyes grew distant, his mind remembering something from the past.

"I won't hurt your friends, Scott," I said, voice serious. "If you knew anything about me, you would know that my job is to protect people." My eyes drifted away from his gaze when I remembered Athens. "Well, I'm supposed to protect people," I muttered.

He was about to reply but his phone buzzed, cutting him off. His face grew worried when he realized who was trying to call him.

"Allison?" I asked, seeing the screen. 

Scott looked up at me with concern. "Come on, we're getting out of here," he said, taking my arm. I frowned as he pulled me through the dancing crowd of kids.