Chrismas Special

Marshall's POV

"Come with me."

"Marshall! Ryder going to be so mad!"

"Don't you know what day it is!?" I say.

"Marshall, it's cold outside!" She laughs.

"Elizabeth, it's Christmas!" I say.

"Ugh, I haven't celebrated Christmas since... well, you and Chase left."

"You haven't celebrated Christmas in 3 years!?" I ask amazed.

"You and your group of friends were the only bit of Christmas spirit the house had. Once you and Chase left, Cade, Rosie, and Josh just realized it wasn't the same." She says.

Right now we are on our way to Mr. Porters for a special Christmas dinner, but she doesn't know it yet. When she asked where are we going, I told her it was a surprise.

"Don't take this the wrong way but before that day in the woods, you know, when we agreed to be friends, I thought you were just a dainty little spoiled brat. But now, I see how smart and wonderful you are, it amazes me that I never saw it before. I judged a book by its cover and I'm truly sorry." I say even though she's so hot. I'm in way over my head with her, she's smart, beautiful, kind, and caring. I couldn't ask for anything more.

But I shouldn't be thinking so soon. I still haven't claimed her as mine but after tonight I plan on changing that.

"No Marshall, don't think you have to apologize. I'm going to admit, before I met you and the other pups, I was a little... bratty. You thought me, in the these past few days, that life... is much more then just what you have, it's about the lives you touch. The way you all opened up your house to let me stay in it, the way that even in the thick fog Ryder came for you. Or so I'm told, I wasn't there but still, Ryder loves you all so much. I guess, staying in that house for all these years, I forgot what love and Christmas is really about. There's no love at the house at all anymore, it's so sad."

"I think I love you." I blurt out. Ugh, I'm so stupid! Why can't I just hold my tongue for once in my life!? She's never going to feel the same way.

"I think I love you too, Marshall." She says. I swear my heart soared up to stars.

"Really!?" I say. My tail was wagging so fast.

"Yes." She says. We make it to the entrance of Mr. Porters restaurant. She stops and sits in the entrance.

"Why did you stop? We're here, he's right in-"

She points up.

Mistletoe.

Skye's POV

"Chase! Chase! I'm falling!" I squeal in laughter.

"Bend your knees! Focus on gliding." He says with a laugh.

"I'm not good at ice skating!" I say.

"You'll get better! Just don't give up." Chase says.

"We've been ice skating for an hour and I still haven't gotten any better!" I whine.

"Fine, lets go get some hot chocolate, shall we?" Chase says.

"We shall." I giggle.

He pulls me over to the exit. We sit on a bench and take off our skates. Chase and I take our skates back to the counter to tern them back in. We start walking to the dinner to get hot chocolate.

We walk down Main Street and every single tree has lights strung around it. It's amazing and so beautiful this time of year.

"Shall we?" He says all of a sudden.