Love?

Chases POV

"Go home it's been three days" Ryder says.

"I'm not leaving until you go to school." Katie says. She crosses her arms on the chest. Katie hasn't left my house since the storm which I don't mind because she owns Skye I guess and when Katie leaves so will she. Skye is my new best friend and I would do any thing to protect her.

I have never really had a best friend because of my short temper. I'm really good at making enemies though, like Marshall. I hate him! I was always the caring pup that would care about what girls had to say, but Marshall wasn't. He was a player, which made me mad because he would date 3 girls at a time and get away with it. I know I should give him another chance but my heart says not to.

"Chase, is something wrong?" Skye asks. "You haven't peeled your eyes off Marshall"

"You never know with him" I say.

"Don't be ridiculous, he's sleeping" she says.

"I'm sorry" I say looking at her.

"Thank you" She says. "You know how I'm staying with Katie right?"

"Yeah" I say.

"Well something in me tells me not to trust her."

"Why?! Katie's been nothing but nice to you!" I look at Katie and Ryder who are talking to each other and eating strawberries.

"Not to me, to Ryder. I think she's just looking for revenge after that boy was hanging out with anther girl instead of saving her."

"Oh, true." I say. "I think we just got to be there when he learns the truth."

"I think we should tell him" She says.

"No, he wouldn't listen to us. We're just dogs." I say

"Just dogs?! I think you underestimate yourself and your kind." She says.

"I don't know maybe." I say.

Ryder's POV

"Fine I'll go to school tomorrow" I say. Pulling out a box of strawberries.

"Good because I was getting worried you would never get over what happened." She says plopping a strawberry in her mouth. I do the same and out of the coroner of my eye I see Chase glance over at us. Probably nothing. "So what are we going to do today?" She asks.

"If your up for it, the tornado and wind knocked a bunch of trash on to the beach, want to go help clean it up?"

"Sure!" She says practically leaping to the elevator.

Katie's POV

This was bad, very bad. I was falling for him and fast. But why?! I don't even really know him, it's just the way he treats me, like our past never happened, like we were friends forever. I don't know what people will think when I walk into school tomorrow. I want people to know I was with him to get back at Chris but if Ryder ever found out I would be forced to tell him the truth. I liked him! I must be going out of my mind because it's all going so fast. It's different with Chris, way different. Chris likes putting his hands on me, which I wouldn't mind if he knew boundaries but he doesn't. A simple arm around my shoulder could turn into a make out session if I don't watch myself. My mom really has no rule on dating, I made it up so he could stop trying to make out with me or worse...

"Come on pups! We're going to the beach." Ryder says.

Chase's POV

"What? I'm up!" Marshall says. Trotting over to the elevator. I see Marshall wink at Skye and she blushes. OH MY PUP?! Did I really just see that? Why am I so mad about it? We're just friends. No, you know what? Marshall can NOT have it his way every time! I'm going to find a way to make sure he knows Skye is off limits. Wait, no she's not! Agghhh. I can't ask her out! Yes you can! I look at Skye. No I can't.

"Are you coming, Chase?" Marshall asks making Skye giggle. It's over. You might as well just take her now.

"Yeah!" I say running into the elevator sitting next to Skye. I hate the thought of losing her but I can't lose something that wasn't mine.

~~~~

The beach was a mess! All sorts of trash sprawled all over the place. I swear I saw something gray run under the bridge.

"Did you see that?" I ask.

"What?" Sky says.

"Never mind, I saw a piece of trash blow under the bridge." I say.

"Okay pups! And Katie." Ryder says smiling at Katie. "I brought you all here to do a good deed to Adventure Bay by cleaning up the trash! The blue bins are for garbage and the green bins are for recycling. Go!"

Ryder's POV

"Good job announcing" Katie says.

"Thanks" I say looking into her blue eyes that just melt me every time I looked into them. I really liked her but I didn't let it show. I don't want her to find out and then run away because she thinks I'm a freak. We start walking towards the shore picking up pieces of trash. We split off and every one worked for awhile before she came back.

"Ryder, I'm tired."

"Come on, Katie. Let's go dip our feet in the water." I tell Katie. We kick off our shoes and feel the squishy sand between my feet.

I want to try it. I should just do it. I've seen Chris try it a million times in school and every time she smacks him. I'm going to do it.

I reach for her hand. I grab it. She doesn't pull back. She grabbed back! I can't believe this happened!

I look at our hands then in to her eyes, her beautiful ocean blue eyes, and then at the sunset.

With out a doubt, best day of my life.