Second Base

Chase's POV
"I don't think you know what your talking about!" She laughs really hard. We're walking through the woods on our way to see if Marshall is okay at the house.
"Skye, you see that parting in the trees?" I ask.
"Where the sun shines through?" She asks back.
"Yes, I always thought it was so"
"Romantic!" She says finishing my sentence. I laugh and she runs to the spot. I hear some rustling behind me and turn around, only to see nothing. When I turn back around to the spot I see that Skye is not there any more.
"Skye? Skye. I know your hiding, just come out." I wait a second for her to pounce on me but she never does.
"Skye. For real. I'm getting nervous." Still nothing.
"This isn't funny Skye. Ha ha ha, okay you got your laugh now could you just" I became speechless when I say the pup in front of me.
"Hello" She says. "Chase" A pair of bright blue eyes peer out of the dark.
"Uh... Hi, who are you and how do you know my name?"
"My name is Rosie, and I'm just looking for a bit of trouble." She says.
"What did you do with Skye?" I snap.
"You really are a pretty dog." She smiles.
"No, really where's... wait did you just call me pretty?" I ask. She walks around a tree and reviles herself in the light. She really is a beautiful German Shepard.
Elizabeth's POV
"Rosie! Rosie! You won't believe the day I had..." She's usually in her room but I can't find her. I walk into the hallway and bump into my dad.
"Hi daddy! Do you know where Rosie went?"
"I think she went on a walk darling"
"Can I go looking for her?" I ask.
"As long as Max goes with you." He says. I roll my eyes.
"Of corse daddy." I say grumpily. I stomp over to Max's room.
"Max" I say a bit annoyed.
"Yes sugar cube?" He says.
"Your taking me to find Rosie." I announce.
"Oh yeah? And what do I get out of it?" Max asks.
"Nothing. Your lucky my dad likes you." I roll my eyes.
"Whatever, let's just go." He says. I walk out the door not even waiting a second before he runs to my side.
"Sooooo, what's the relationship status with Marshall?" He asks as we walk.
"I don't really know, I think he was going to kiss me but than you showed up" I grumble.
"Good thing right?" He laughs. I roll my eyes.
"No! Unlike you, I actually like Marshall." I spit at him.
He annoys me so much.
Skye's POV
"Hmmm! Mm!" I try to scream for help but it's not working.
"Hello Skye." A pure white pup with red eyes comes into view and unties the fabric in my mouth but I'm still tied up to this chair.
"Josh! What are you doing?" I notice his paw is twitching uncontrollably.
"Just a favor for a friend of mine." He says.
"What's wrong with you? Chase told me you used to be so nice and your brothers and Marshall's and Macy's best friend! What changed?" I say.
"You don't understand, you'll never understand!" Josh says.
"But you don't let people understand!" I snap.
"Don't raise your voice at me!" He yells.
"Oh yeah! Or else what!?" I yell back.
"Aahhh! Shut up!" He yells storming off into darkness.
Macy's POV
"I've been missing Marshall so much! I can't wait to see him!" I tell Cade, my boyfriend. Yep! It's official!
"I know and I can't wait to see my baby bro, Chase!" He says. We get to the lookout and ring the doorbell. After a few seconds a grey dog and Ryder answer the door.
"Hi Ryder." Cade and I say at the same time.
"Hey guys, Cade, Macy, I would like you to meet Rocky. Rocky this is Cade and Macy, Chase and Marshall's siblings." Ryder introduces.
"Hi" Rocky says.
"Where's Chase and Marshall?" Cade asks.
"Marshall ran off and Chase and Skye are out there checking on him." Ryder says.
"I saw them run into the woods." Rocky says.
"You can stay here until they come back" Ryder says. Cade and I look at each other and I know exactly what he's thinking.
"No thanks, I think we're going to go look for them ourselves." I say. I notice Cade's paw has been twitching often, good thing we're going to go see Chase.
Marshall's POV
I hear a scream in the distance and immediately run to the noise. I hear another scream. I run faster. Then I hear the same scream from behind me. I must have passed it. I turn around and use my nose to sniff it out.
I find a hole and can get a faint smell of a pup I grew up with.
"Josh?" I say. I wait a second.
"Chase?" I hear his voice say.
"No it's me Marshall."
"What are you doing here?" Josh says.
"Marshall! It's me..." And then the sound was muffled. I know something's not right. I'll come back for her. I start to run off toward the house.
Elizabeth's POV
"I think she's by the clearing. She likes it there" Max says.
"How do you know so much about her?" I ask.
"Have you seen Rosie? She's so beautiful- I mean pretty- I mean, ugh never mind." He says. I laugh.
"Oh my pup! You like Rosie!" I laugh.
"It doesn't matter! I'm a dalmatian and she's a German Shepard! It could never work." He says.
"Don't worry! When I'm chief all the rules will change. My dad has thought me all my life that dogs are not meant to interbreed, but in the past few months I've leaned that he's wrong. It should never be like that. The house is an awful place where no one is aloud to love unless there the same breed. When I'm chief everything will be different."
"I sure hope so" He says.
Chase's POV
"What do you want?" I ask unamused.
"I just want you to be mine." She says. She gets really close to me and I take a few steps back.
"You know I'm not part of the house any more." I say.
"I do like bad boys." She smirks.
"I have no idea who you are, and I've tried to say this the nice way but please stay away from me, I don't want to hurt you."
"Oh yeah! I'm not afraid of you!" She yells.
"Please Rosie! You seem like a nice girl! Please don't make me hurt you!" I yell back. At this point the twitching was so intense that I thought my paw was going to fall off.
She crouches down and sticks her tail in the air and lays her ears down, ready to pounce.
What is she doing!? I can't hurt a girl!
"Rosie stop!" I yell pleading her to stop.
"I'm not stopping until you are in so much pain that you have to surrender." A low growl comes from deep in her throat. I braced myself for her pounce.
"ROSIE STOP!" Four pups leap in front of me.
"What are you doing here?!" All of them said at the same time. I then notice that the pups are Marshall, Cade, Max, and Josh? I notice Macy, Elizabeth, and Skye come into view.
"Skye!" I run to her.
"Chase! Your okay!" I don't know what swept over me but I bent down and kissed her on the lips. She seemed shocked at first but then she kissed back.
She breaks the kiss and I look at my friends who are all cheering for us and clapping making her and I blush.
"Rosie?" Max says. We look over at Rosie who sits there shocked with her mouth to the floor. We laugh.
"What are the odds?" Cade says.
"Odds of what?" Elizabeth says as she sits next to Marshall.
"Odds of all of us finding each other at the exact same time in the middle of nowhere." Cade says. We all nod our head in agreement. Max gets up and sits next to Rosie.
"It's so nice to see you all again!" Macy breaks the silence and gets up to start greeting everyone formally. We all follow her. I hug my brothers and Macy and Elizabeth.
Skye comes over and whispers something in my ear and I nod to her.
"Guys! Guys!" I say stopping conversations. "Everyone is invited to Marshall, Skye, and I's house for a party!"
A chorus of yays and woos come from the 8 of them as we run off to the lookout.

This day is turning out to be a pretty awesome day.

----------------------

EXTREMELY LONG CHAPTER FOR ALMOST 5K READS!!!!!!!!! I wish I could jump though the screen and give all of you a big hug! I can't believe how supportive everyone is! I really hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving, I know I did!

Comment your favorite couple: Marshall & Elizabeth, Rosie & Max, Macy & Cade, or Chase & Skye.

As always, Love you, Kyder445