The good days

Katie's POV

"Ryder? Hello? Any one in there? It's been 5 hours and I'm getting impatient" I say to his sleeping body. I stroke his hair and hold his hand. What if he dies? Don't think like that, you've already been through his death yesterday. It's 10 and I'm getting tired. I get ready for bed and climb in next to him because I don't have an extra bed like his house does. It's really cold that night so I start to shiver. I feel a warm blanket wrap around my body and let out a relived sigh. Wait a second. That's not a blanket...

"Ryder!" I say turning in his arms. "Your awake" our noses are closer than an inch from each other.

"I woke up 30 minutes ago, I just wanted to see how long you would hold my hand." He says.

"Ryder!" I say pushing him away. "Your so weird!" I see the hurt in his eyes. He turns so he faces away from me. "Ryder wait! I didn't mean that"

"What did you mean?" He says with a creak at the end. I just found his achilles heel. His biggest weakness. Someone calling him weird. I bet he heard it his whole life and through time it just got to him.

"Nothing! I was just joking around." He gets out of bed and walks out the room. "Ryder! Wait!" I say getting out of bed.

"I'm going home. Thanks for taking care of me." He says heading straight for the door.

"Ryder! Look at me!" I shout. He keeps walking. I feel a tear run down my face. "Ryder" I plead.

"Good night" Oh that's it. I grab his shoulder and push him to face me. I wrap my arms around him and give him the longest hug I've ever had. He doesn't hug back at first but he never pushed me away. After a few short minutes of me hugging him he hugged back. We stayed there, in the middle of the street at 10 PM. Hugging. Just holding each other. Hugging.

~~~~

Last night I fell asleep in his arms. This morning I woke up in his bed. Not the bed I usually sleep in at his house. His bed. It smells amazing. Everything smells so... manly. I don't know how to explain it.

"Katie" I hear him moan when I get up. "Your making the bed cold." He says with eyes squeezed shut.

"Too bad." I say walking into the kitchen. God I love that boy.

"Hi Katie." Chase says.

"Hey Chase"

"We're really hungry! You didn't feed us last night!"

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry." I look around for the dog food in the cabinets.

"Looking for this?" He says pointing to the dog food.

"Yes." I say walking over to him.

I take out the bowls and fill them up extra for when the other two wake up. It only took seconds for Skye and Marshall to fly around the corner. Marshall was going too fast so he slid into the wall.

"I'm okay." We all laugh a bit.

The 3 of them wolf down their food and run outside. I walk back into Ryder's room.

"Ryder" I groan.

"Katie" He mocks my groan. He's still in bed. He's usually up at 8 sharp but right now it's a few minuets to 10.

"Get up." I say sitting on the bed. He pulls me down and octopuses me in his arms. I let out a squeal.

"I never want to get up." He says.

"Ryder! Seriously." I say. He pulls me in closer and I blush.

"Ryder! Let go!" I squeal.

"You love it" He says laughing. I blush harder. I wiggle out of his grasp but not before he grabs my wrist. He doesn't let go so I pull him on to the floor dragging blankets behind him.

"Ryder!" I squeal.

"I'll let go if you make me bacon."

"Fine" His arm drops to the floor lifeless. I walk into the kitchen and start the stove I get the rest of the bacon and put it into a pan.

"That smells really good" Ryder literally looks like he just rose from the dead. His hair is a mess, eyes only made it half open and he's laying on his arms at the bar like their a pillow.

"This is not what I meant by get up." I say flipping the bacon.

"I'm so tired." He moans.

"Puberty is smacking you in the face right now." I say laughing.

"Never say the 'P' word" He says. I laugh.

I give him his bacon and he shots up. I laugh again.

"That got you awake!"

"Shut up."

I would swear I saw him blush.