The adventure

Chase POV

"Come on! It will be fun!"

"No Marshall, leave me alone" I say. Sometimes he can be really annoying.

"Can't even break the rules once?" Back when we both lived in the abandoned house with our parents, I was known for always following the rules, I thought if I did that, my parents would love me more.

"Fine, but where would we even go?" He smiled really big.

"Skye?" He asked. Then it was my turn to smile really big.

"Yeah!" I almost shout. I'm so excited, I haven't seen her in 2 days. We sneak out of the lookout or at least that's what Ryder's calling it now.

"If Ryder ever found out we would be in so much trouble" He said laughing.

"It feels kind of good." I say while both of us are running at top speed to Katie's.

"Skye!" He shouts. She's sleeping on the carpet a few yards away from the door we're banging on.

"Let us in!" I shout and her ears perk up.

"Huh, Chase?" She says waking up.

"Skye! Open the door!" I say.

"Oh my pup! What are you two doing here?" She asks opening the door.

"We snuck out, my idea, of corse." Marshall says puffing out his chest in pride. Ugg! He needs to just stop!

"I know, Chase would never have done ~yawn~ it on his own." Skye says.

"It doesn't really matter," I say. "What matters is that we're here, so what do you want to do?"

"I don't know, I never really thought I would see you too again." She says.

"What?! Why?" I ask.

"I'm only going to be here for a little while, then I'm going to be adopted, by new family, who might actually love me this time!" Skye sighs.

"You guys want to do something fun?" I ask lighting up the mood. I'm actually really hurt that I might not see Skye after today.

"Yeah like what?!" Marshall says, both of them wagging their tails.

"We're going to take her to... the place." I tell Marshall.

"The place? What place?" Skye asks.

"Oh that place, yeah come on, you'll love it!" Marshall says excitingly.

Marshall and I run out the door with Skye closely on our heels.

"Where we going!" Skye says laughing. Running at top speed is pretty fun.

"You'll see!" I say letting my tongue hang out of my mouth.

"Woo hoo!" Marshall yells and laughs. We get to the beach and jump in the water.

"Is this it?" Skye asks

"Nope!" Marshall and I laugh. We start swimming out to into the open water.

"Chase it's getting deep!" Skye shouts.

"You can swim, right?" I ask her.

"Yeah but I'm getting a little nervous, do you even know what are in these waters?" She asks.

"I try not to think about it" I reply.

"Okay, I'm trusting you Chase" Notice how she said Chase and not Marshall.

"Home stretch, we'll be there in no time!" I reassure her.

We come up on a small island that Marshall and I found when a bunch of dobermans started chasing us for flirting with their girlfriends; and yes, we were quite a team before he became a player.

"Look! There it is!" Marshall barked.

"Wow, we haven't been here in ages!" I shout in excitement.

I walk onto the beach pleased to see our arrow made out of coconuts is still there.

"What's this for?" Skye said pointing to it.

"Chase and I made it so that we always know which way to swim to get back home." Marshall says shaking off the water. Skye and I do the same.

"Wow, it's beautiful!" Skye exclaims.

"This isn't even the best part!" I say with a huge grin. Marshall and I walk her over to a cave covered with thick vines. I open a curtain for Skye to look through and her face lights up.

"It's...it's beautiful." It just so happens that inside this 'cave' is the most beautiful waterfall in the world. With it's crystal blue water and perfect form, this is definitely the best place in Adventure Bay; but wait, there's more.

"Come on Skye you have to swim in the water!" I say grabbing her paw and pulling her down some rocks to reach the clam water. She puts her paw in the water and gasps.

"The water is warm!" She says jumping in. I push Marshall in and then jump in myself.

"What was that for?" Marshall laughs.

"Old times sake" I say with a smile. Honestly, Marshall hasn't changed at all since the first day we can found this place. He's still that fun joking around pup I used to run around and get in trouble with. Maybe he does deserve a second chance. Maybe.

"Whatever" he says splashing me.

We spend the rest of the day in our secret spot laughing, swimming and just over all having a good time.

"If you tell another living soul about this place without us being there, we swear on our lives we will kill you." I say and Marshall nods in agreement.

"Fine! I promise! I will never tell anyone!" She says.

"Not even Ryder and Katie?" Marshall asks.

"I especially promise not to tell them." She laughs.

"Okay than let's head home." I say and we jump into the freezing cold water. I shudder, Skye yelps and Marshall shivers.

"Let's just get home before dark" Skye says. All of us nod in agreement. When we get to the beach all three of us run to the lookout. When we walk in Ryder is crying with his head on his lap on the couch and Katie is whispering some thing to him and rubbing his back.

"Ryder! What happened!?" I say running over to him.

"Chase! Marshall! Skye! Your all right!" Ryder says picking me up and giving me a squeeze then putting me back down.

I look at Katie and Ryder a little closer. Katie has a black eye and Ryder has a big bruise on his cheek and elbow.

"Of corse we're all right!" Skye says.

"What happened to you two?!" I almost shout.

"Chris" Katie says looking down at her feet.