The Mission

Macy's POV

"Too late"

"Hello?" I say nervously. Cade steps in front of me. He's so sweet. No. You can't be with him. He's not like you. But I love him. Macy, your talking to yourself again. Right.

"Your coming with us." Another voice says.

"Us?" Chase asks.

"Ahh!" Marshall gets tackled by a one of our pups.

"Macy! Run! Get help!" Cade shouts. I run. I run faster than I've ever run before. If I run any faster I might be able to fly. I know these woods like the back of my paw. Leaping over bushes, ducking under fallen logs, it's hard to think that some day, maybe soon, I'll have to give it up. I'll do any thing for Cade, I love him. And yes, love. Not like, not a crush, I'm in love with him. He would never feel the same way though. Why would he? He's super hot and muscular and I'm average. He deserves so much more. Before I can think about where to go I'm at the lookout. What am I doing here? I can't go in there! They hate me! That's it. I'm never following orders from that stupid place again no madder if Cade comes with me. I find myself pacing in the yard.

"What are you doing here?" I turn my head to see Skye.

"Skye, please forgi..."

"Get off this property"

"I'm sorry" I feel myself starting to cry.

"Get out! Now!" Skye snaps.

"Wait, please!" I beg. "I need help and I have no one to go to"

"Why don't you just go back to the sick house you came from?!" Skye shouts.

"Because that's what I need help with." I weep. I look at Skye who seems to be considering her options.

"Where's the boys?" She asked.

"They got trapped. And Cade told me to run and get help and, and, I came here." I say trying to get myself together.

"Do you know where they are?" She sounds a little panicked.

"Yes, I run fast I worn you now." I say.

"I told Chase I wasn't going to go after him" She says.

"Oh come on! Who cares about Chase! He's my best... well, ex-best friend, he'll understand."

"I care about Chase!" She says. "I don't want to do any thing that will put him in danger"

"Oh my gosh are you two dating!" I blurt out.

"No! Oh my gosh! No!" She says. I can see her blush.

"But you like him, right?" I ask.

"W-what no! He's just a friend."

"Denial! I knew it! You do like him!" I say smiling.

"And you like Cade! Don't you!" She says mocking me.

"The difference between you and I is that I'm not afraid to share my feelings with anyone other than him."

"Okay, so what? I like him, it didn't madder, we'll never be more than that." She says.

"Promise you won't tell Cade if I don't tell Chase?" I ask.

"Promise" She says.

"So what now?" I ask.

"We go try and save them!" She says excitingly.

"Really!?" I ask surprised.

"Yeah" She says and runs off.

"Wait you don't know where your going!" I say easily passing her. I slow down my speed so that I'm only a few feet in front of her. We sprint into the woods I find the easiest path for us to run on. She holds up pretty well, staying behind me. I come to a complete stop and she runs into me.

"Sorry" She says and I put my finger over my mouth to tell her to be quiet. She nods. I can smell someone. I take a rock and throw it in the tree.

"Ouch."

"Got you Willow! Have to hide your sent better than that!" I shout sprinting off. Skye laughs. We are about 20 yards from the house so I ease into a walk. She comes walks next to me.

"It's right there" I whisper. Someone screams. I bet it was Elizabeth.

"What's the plan?" She asks.

"Plan?" I guess I didn't think as far as this.

"You don't have a plan?!" She whisper screams.

"I didn't think I would make it this far!" I whisper scream back.

"Oh my gosh! Your just like Marshall!" She whispers.

"What does that mean?" I whisper.

"Oh please! You know exactly what I mean!" She whispers.

"Let's just go!" I whisper shout. We swing around to the back door I sneak us to my family's room in the house.

"Oh my pup..."