Break free

Cade's POV

"What are you going to do to us? Kill us?! I'm your best hunter and if you want food in the winter I wouldn't do that."

"I'm not going to kill you. That would be stupid. I'm just going to make sure you never help the enemy again." A pup I have learned to hate stands in front of me. She has beautiful sea eyes and perfectly placed Dalmatian spots with a perfect face and tail.

"Who's the real enemy here? The pups who are free and would never hurt any one unless they hurt them first or the pups who are practically enslaved and are such cowards that they can't even let their members talk to their family because they are so afraid that they will leave when in reality normal people would do the exact opposite." I say.

"Oh please Cade, I've known you for a long time, long enough to know that that would never come out of your mouth if you weren't being rewarded." Elizabeth says.

"That's the thing about having free speech, you don't get rewarded for talking." I say.

She lets out a scream. "One day I will be chief and I will have much more power over you and everyone, and there will be no leaving the house. Everyone will stay and everyone will be happy about it or I will cut their food supply."

"That's why I'm taking Macy and I'm leaving, so her and I can be together with out you and your stupid rules." I snap.

"Fine see if we care, but we're not letting you back in if, I mean, when she finds another pup better than you." She grins.

"I hate you Elizabeth! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!" I yell.

"Too bad Cade, I used to think we had a shot of being friends." She slams the door behind her. I look around. Chase is hopefully asleep a few inches away from me, but if he was asleep he would have been waken up by that scream.

"Chase." I ask poking at my little brother.

"Is she gone?" He asks opening one eye. I laugh.

"Yeah she's gone"

"Oh thank pup, I thought that brat would never leave." He says.

"We have to get out of here." I say. I let my mind drift to Macy. I can't wait to get out of here so I can finally ask her out, even though she'll probably say no because she loves me like a brother.

"I have an idea." Chase says. He starts using his nails to pick the lock.

"Seriously, that never works only cats can..." The door opens.

"What were you saying?" He asks me.

"Whatever, let's just go." I say. We sneak out and walk to Macy's room.

"Hello?" Chase asks.

"Oh my pup! Chase, Cade how did you get out?" Elizabeth shouts. Marshall is pushing himself into a corner and Elizabeth looks like she was walking to him.

"What are you doing to Marshall?!" I say.

"Chase! Help me!" Marshall yelps. Chase runs over and gets between the two of them. I run over and grab Elizabeth's scruff to pull her away.

"Oh my pup! That hurts Cade!" She yelps.

"I know" I say through her skin thinking about when Ryder did it to me. I pull my head back and throw her on the other side of the room.

"Ouch! What was that for!?" She yelps.

"What's wrong with you!? He hates you!" I yell at her.

"I just want what I can't have." She jumps on me and pushes me back so that she's laying on top of me.

"Get off of me!" I say.

"Get off of him!" Chase says and leaps on her back to try and get her off.

"Oh my pup! Cade what are you doing with Elizabeth?"

"Macy! This is not what it looks like" I say.

"Chase! What are you doing?"

"Skye! What are you doing here!?" Chase says getting off of her. I use my hind legs to kind of buck her off. I get up and run to Macy but she backs away.

"Macy, she jumped on me! Nothing happened."

"I knew I wasn't good enough!" She yells and runs away.

"Wait! Macy!" I yell. I look at my paws and I let my ears flop down. I know if I run now there's no way I'll catch her.

I look up and I see Chase and Skye whispering to each other, Marshall frowning, and Elizabeth has this grin on her face like she's satisfied by what just happened. Skye turn with tears in her eyes and runs off.

"Skye! Really?" He yells after her. I turn to Elizabeth.

"You tell your father that Macy and I are never coming back to this stuck-up dump again!"