You Never Know

Ryder's POV
"So what do you think? I really need the help" I don't know. I was just asked something that will definitely change my life.
"Well, maybe someone else..."
"No, please Ryder, think of Chase and Marshall. Wouldn't they want this?" She asks.
I try to quickly look through the pros and cons but my mind trips over itself when I think of how happy she'll be when I say yes.
"Okay, I adopt Skye." I say. A smile glows on her lips and she jumps and hugs me.
"Thank you so so much" she yelps.
"You're so welcome" I say.
"Can I please just ask one more thing from you?" She pleads.
"Yeah, what is it?" I ask.
"I really need to bring Cali, you know the kitten that I keep at the vets office, home by the end of the week. You think you could keep all dogs out of my house for a while? That means Rocky and Zuma too." She says.
"Yeah sure." I say. We had just taken the pups on a walk and we made it back to the lookout.
"Wider, you and the pups awe so cool! Can I stay anowfer night?" Zuma asks.
"Yes of corse" I say with a laugh. His voice is just so cute.
"And wockey?" He says tilting his head to the side.
"Yes he can stay too." I say.
"Ryder?" I turn to Katie as Zuma run off probably to keep playing.
"Yes Katie?"
"I'm going home to de-dog the my clinic, think you can manage on your own?"
"Yes, see you tomorrow?" I say.
"Sure" she says and walks off.
"Pups!" I shout. "Time to go inside!" 5 pups race around the corner and come flying into the elevator. Marshall trips and comes crashing into them.
"Oops. Sorry." They all laugh.
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
"Look what I can do!" Skye jumps off the counter and 'flys' halfway across the room and lands on a beanbag. We clap.
"Look what I can do!" Chase says. He jumps onto a side table and knocks a lamp onto the floor, next thing I know the lamps on fire!
"FIRE" Marshall screams in a really high and girly voices.
Chase puts his paws up. "Stay away from the problem area!" He instructs.
Marshall jumps to the nearest liquid which happens to be Sprite and pours it over the fire.
"Eww! Dude, it's all sticky!" Zuma says sticking his paw in the Sprite and ashes.
"Don't touch it!" Rocky snaps. "Get wash cloths! There much better for the environment!"
"No one cares about the environment, Rocky, there was just a fire and your talking about the environment." Chase says rudely.
"I care about the environment and I saw all the trash that was left on the beach and I don't want the beautiful earth we have to look like that! I was always thought to recycle because not everyone one lives in a big house in the middle of the woods!"
"Chase! Rocky! It doesn't matter just agree to disagree!" Skye says.
The dogs are doing a really good job so far handling on there own. They're all just such a natural team! I want to see how far they can get before they need my help.
"You're right Skye, sorry Rocky. We can use wash cloths." Chase says.
"I'm sorry too for snapping at you instead of just telling you how I felt." Says Rocky.
"The wash cloths are on the top rack in the clowest." Zuma says.
"I'm on it!" Skye runs to the closest.
Skye comes back 30 seconds later with a mouth full of wash cloths. I watch as each pup, except Rocky, cleans up the sticky liquid. I notice how each of the pups including the ones that aren't mine, Rocky and Zuma, all have a talent. Marshall is definitely a firefighter. Chase is a police dog. Skye would be good a flying airplanes and helicopters and stuff like that. Rocky is definitely an environmental pup. Zuma, actually I don't know what Zuma's good at yet but I'm sure I'll find out. How cool would it be if we could actually have a crime fighting team. Okay, maybe not crime fighting, but we could help people around adventure bay.

You never know...