Too late

Katie's POV

Macy runs to the elevator and hits the close doors button.

"Oh my gosh Ryder!" Skye yells. He's on the floor holding his neck gasping for breath.

"What do we do, Katie!!??" Chase yells.

"I don't know!" I yell panicked.

"You know better than us!! What do we do!?" Skye yells.

"Umm... call 911" I say.

"911!?" Chase screams. "Is Ryder going to die!"

"Just do it!!" I scream.

"Ok ok." Chase says walking to the phone.

"Faster!" I scream. I walk over to Ryder and put his head on my lap. He stops gasping for breath. Thank god.

"Is that better?" I ask. He gives me a thumbs up. He's bleeding really badly. I don't know how to stop it. Macy got really deep into his skin.

"A dog bit his throat and he's having trouble breathing... yes... okay... no ma'am... thank you, good bye." Chase puts down the phone. "Their coming" I nod my head. I start to stroke his hair. I feel his body go stiff and his eyes roll to the back of his head.

"Ryder! You have to stay awake." I say. "Ryder! Ryder! Ryder." The last one I whisper. I can see his chest moving so I know he's alive.

"Where is he!?" A medic says.

"Right here ma'am. He passed out. You have to keep his head up so he keeps breathing."

"Thank you." She says. She puts him on a stretcher and puts a breathing mask on him making sure the pillow stays in place. They carry him out and for some reason in don't follow them. I don't have the strength. I sink to my knees not caring about the pool of blood I just fell into.

"We have to get Marshall." Chase says.

"I'm sorry Chase, I can't come with you" And with that, I get up and crawl into his bed hugging one of his pillows.

Marshall's POV

"Let me go!" I shout.

"Shut up Marshall. We both know I'm never letting you out of your cage." Cade snaps. I'm sitting in a cage at the edge of the forest.

"Why are we even here?" I ask annoyed.

"We're waiting for your beautiful sister." His paws fly to his mouth. "Don't tell her I said that." I roll my eyes.

An ambulance drives by making my ears hurt.

"She's coming" He says getting up. "There's the fastest runner in the world." She smiles.

"I wish I was the fastest runner in the world." Macy says.

"Why do you even want me!? I'm useless!" I ask.

"We don't want you. It's Elizabeth." Macy says.

"Lizzy!? Why!? I hate her." I say.

"She wants to mate with you." Cade says.

"NO WAY!!" I start scratching at the cage. "THAT FEMALE DOG HAS ENOUGH BOYS TREMBLING AT HER FEET!!"

"Calm down Marshall, it's not like you have a girlfriend or something" Macy says.

"But I hate her! Why would she chose me?" I ask. They laugh. "What?"

"Your the only boy who doesn't want to be with her. Of corse she would pick you!" Cade says. Elizabeth is the chief's daughter. Honesty she is beautiful, like on the outside. On the inside she's a spoiled brat who always gets what she wants. She's a jerk to anyone she meets and thinks everyone is her slave or something.

"Why do you even listen to her? She has no power over you." I ask.

"Her dad does though." Macy says.

"So?"

"So we might get kicked out." She snaps.

"And that's a bad thing?" I ask.

"Yes! Because our family's there."

"Could you remind me of rule #34?" I ask.

"No matter the condition, no mutts are aloud. All mutts will be kicked..." Out. All mutts will be kicked out. They look at each other and I smile. They finally understand. If they stay then they can never be together. Cade looks at his paws and Macy looks around occasionally looking at Cade.

"Is that why you left?" Macy asks.

"No, but it can be the reason you leave." I say.

"It's not worth it." Cade says.

"Really?" Macy says. I have been waiting for this day.

"It's better. We would never survive." Cade says.

"Look at the big picture, Cade." I say. "Your dog napping me, your brother's best friend and your friend or at least used to be friend, for some stuck up pup who thinks she can have what ever she wants just because her dad is the chief! Your taking me away from people and pups who love me for who I am and would fight for me and actually care if I went missing."

"Marshall?!"

"Oh my gosh! It's Chase!" Cade says.

About 40 yards away from us we watch a brown blur sprint into the woods.

"If we let you out do you promise to come with us?" Macy asks.

"Where are we going?"

"We have to get Chase before he gets to the house, if they get him they might never let him out." Cade says.

"Is this a trap?" I ask.

"Do you want to see your friend again or not?" Macy asks.

"I promise." I say. They open the cage and I see Macy getting ready to run. "I said I promise. Anyways, I know you can out run me." She relaxes a bit. I step out of the cage.

"Okay let's go." Cade says dashing into the woods. Macy and I run after him. I keep his pace while Macy zooms in front.

"Hey!" I hear Chases voice say. We catch up to her to find her laying on top of Chase.

"Get off of him!" Cade says with a blush. Cade pushes Macy off Chase and holds Chase down himself.

"Cade!" Chase says with a growl.

"He's right here." Cade says getting off of Chase.

"Marshall!" He says and hugs Macy.

"Umm, Chase I'm right here." I say. He let's go of Macy.

"Oh hey Macy." He says with a embarrassed laugh. Then he hugs me.

"Come on we have to get away from here." Cade says.

"If they find us helping you two we'll be in deep trouble" Macy says.

"Too late"