Insecurities

Macy's POV

"We got to get back to the lookout, see how Ryder's doing." Chase says.

"Okay, bye!" I say. I watch Skye and Chase go through a wall of vines. Then I turn to Cade. "So... what now?"

"We have to find a place to live." He says.

"Yeah, and a food supply!"

"Your looking at a pure bread hunter right here." He says pointing to himself. I laugh. I go up to him and touch our noses together.

"Your so cute." I admit.

"I'm so glad we left that awful place. Now I can finally be with you the way I want to be with you." I blush.

"I'm afraid they'll come looking for us." I say laying down.

"I said I would protect you." He says.

"Yeah but who will protect you?" I say. He lays down right at my side.

"I think I can handle myself." He says. I smile. I know somehow deep inside of me that today I made the best decision of my life.

We are silent for a few seconds, until I break it. "Why me?"

"What do you mean, why you?"

"Like, why did you chose me when you could choose a more beautiful German Shepard? It's not like I'm special or something." He laughs. And when I say he laughs I mean like for almost a minute. I just lay there in silence wondering what was so funny.

"Are you serious right now?" He says wiping away the fake tears.

"Yeah. What's so funny?" I ask.

"You think any of the other girls mean anything to me? It's always been you, my whole life. I wouldn't want to be with anyone else."

"Thank you, but that didn't really answer my question. I asked why you chose me over all the pretty girls your same breed."

"It makes me so sad when you doubt yourself. I don't know why you can't see that your the most beautiful pup in the world to me. I'm telling you now and I'm going to tell you for the rest of my life because it takes that long to get things through that thick skull of yours." He says. I put my head in my paws.

"You might just have to because I still don't really fully understand a boy like you could end up with a girl like me." I say.

"Okay, think of it the other way around. I think of you the way you think of me. I some times ask myself how I ended up with a girl like you." I bring my head up to look in his brown eyes.

"You don't actually think that. Your just saying that."

"I have a feeling I might be saying that for a while." He says. "Just think about it."

Skye's POV

"Isn't my brother so cool" He says.

"You really love your brother, don't you." I say back. We're walking back to the lookout.

"I want to be like him someday." He says.

"What's so bad about being yourself?"

"I'm just not as interesting as he is, he can hun..." I stop him right there by putting my paw on his mouth.

"What ever you do, please, never compare yourself to anyone. Instead, compare yourself to you a few years ago." I say.

"Oh, well, I don't want to talk about that person." He says.

"Exactly." We walk up to the sliding doors but they don't open.

"I think that means no one is home." He says.

"Maybe he's at the hospital." I say. We run to the hospital. When we walk in we are quickly stopped by a guard.

"You can't be in this facility unless you've passed the test and by the view of your collars, you haven't."

"What test?" I ask. He pulls out two leaches and attaches them to our collars.

"Some one will pull your ears and tails and if you don't bite or scratch them, you'll pass. It's just for safety reasons, wouldn't want anyone getting hurt." He says.

He puts us on a table in a special room and does the test. He pulls just hard enough for me to flinch in pain but I don't bite or scratch him and neither does Chase. He puts a red paper collar on him and I and let's us free.

"We got to find Ryder." I say.

"I can probably sniff him out." He says.

"Or we can ask for directions." I say. He rolls his eyes.

"Such a women." He says. I go and ask for directions and kindly smiles and tells me where to go.

"Room 318." I say. "Third floor." We run up the steps together, our paws in time with each other. We find our way to 318.

"Hi Ryder!" I say before even stepping in. Chase shushes me and points his head to the two body's sleeping in the hospital bed.

I lay on Katie's lap and Chase lays on Ryder's side.

We fall asleep waiting for them to wake up.