Make-ups and Break-ups

Marshall's POV

"Let me get this strait. You two snuck out" He looks at Chase and I "and went to go get Skye and then you guys just hung out around Adventure Bay waiting to be dog napped? Marshall doesn't even have a collar on and Skye's tag is to the wrong address! What were you thinking?!" Ryder says angrily at the 3 of us. We sit in silence waiting for one of them to blame it on me. I wouldn't blame them, it was my idea, but if I fess up Ryder would never want a pup like me. We lied to Ryder for obvious reasons.

"I'm sorry Ryder, it was my fault." Chase says.

"No Chase, you don't have to take the blame. Chase was telling me to stay home, but I convinced him to go in the end. I understand if you don't want to adopt me."

"No, Marshall, today I realized that you haven't really changed since we stopped being friends and I'm going to miss you if your gone." Chase says.

"Wait!? Really! Because that's not what you were telling me yesterday." I say.

"I know and I'm sorry, all those (dog) years ago, I should have been happy for you and not let the anger take over." My heart swelled. I have been waiting to hear those words since the moment we went our different ways.

"I'm sorry too, for everything I've ever done to you that would cause you to get angry." I say.

"I was wondering if we could start over?" Chase asked me.

"Never! I like our past just the way it is and starting over would mean forgetting! I would never want to forget such a good pup like you." I say honestly. It feels good to get that off my chest. Chase is the only pup that would do anything for me and never leave my side, even if it meant getting himself in trouble. He's the most loyal pup I've ever met in my life and when he left I had nothing. The worst part is he left because I wasn't being loyal. From that day on I made a promise to myself never to date more than one girl at a time. Ever. I've kept it so far because I haven't dated any girls since Chase and I stopped being best friends.

"You guys are so cute" Skye says. Chase and I glare at her.

"Come Skye. Let's get home." Katie says. We watch them walk out the door and when we know their gone Ryder looks back at us.

"I'm still mad at you guys. You scared me half to death."

"Even me?" I ask.

"Yes Marshall, even you." My stomach does a happy dance. Do you know what it feels like to have the world in your hands, lose it, then find it again? That's what this felt like. Chase is the only family I'll ever need.

Ryder starts walking to the kitchen. "You never told us what happened to you and Katie" Chase says.

"I don't even know who Chris is." I add.

"Oh Chris is the guy who abandoned Katie during the tornado."

"I was safe during the tornado, I hid in..." Opps. I can't tell them I secretly hid in their basement! "Some bushes! Yeah...bushes." Great save.

"Anywaaays, Chris just walked up to me and punched me in the face. Katie got in front of me before he could punch me again." Ryder says.

"Why!?" Chase asks.

"I don't know, I'm sure Emily and Haley will tell me tomorrow."

"Who?" I ask.

"It's not important." He says looking at the time. "Well I'm going bed, don't kill your selfs." Ryder says with a smile. I smile back thinking of 2 nights ago.

"G'night" I say.

"Night Ryder" Chase says.

~~~~

I wake up to the smell of bacon.

"I smell bacon." I say sniffing around. Ryder sits at the bar and watches Katie do something at the stove. "Hey guys."

"Hey Marshall! You got up just in time for bacon! Katie and Ryder are about to leave." Chase says.

"Awesome!" I say sitting at the bar between Ryder and Chase with Skye on the other side of Chase. "Good morning Skye. Wait, why is she here?"

"We thought it would be best if we kept all of you in the same room wile were gone from now on." Katie answers as she puts two pieces of bacon on her and Ryder's plate and each gives us one of our own.

"Thanks Katie!" Skye barks.

"Yeah thanks." Chase says.

"Thanks" I say.

"Oh my gosh Ryder! It's 8:40! We got to go!" Katie says grabbing her backpack.

"Woah" Ryder says with a mouth full of bacon. I watch as they both run out the door without saying goodbye.

"Well than" I say falling out out of my seat and falling on my back.

"Oh my pup! Marshall are you alright?!" Skye yelps.

"I'm okay" I say getting up laughing. Chase laughs too but Skye still looks worried. Chase and Skye lay on the floor next to each other talking for most of the day while I do one of my favorite things, sleep!

~~~~

Ring. Ring. I get up and see Chase and Skye getting up too. Chase trots over and jumps on the counter.

"Ryder's pup pad! It's Katie!" He says a little panicked.

"Well, answer it!" Skye says.

"Hey pups... uh." I hear. I run over and jump next to Chase.

"Katie? What's wrong!" I say.

"It's Ryder."