Weird

Chapter 16

Recap:

Mom and Dad came down and we all had a nice dinner with a nice, cosy atmosphere with everything being perfect.

But I couldn’t help but feel something was wrong, like something was going to happen.

Was it just stupid jitters or not?

Chapter 16

**Damien**

       “Eva…did you hear me?” I asked Eva for the third time.

    We were at the movies and deciding which movie to go for, she still didn’t tell me. Something is wrong with her, for the past couple of days she’s been acting different. She’s been keeping me at arm’s length, she barely talks when it’s just the two us and doesn’t wanna go anywhere.

    Has something happened? I want to ask her but I don’t want her to feel like I’m crowding her. I hope she’ll tell me, at least I can try to fix it, maybe I should ask her mom…no that’s not a good idea.

   If she wants she will tell you.

   “Oh… right, let’s watch Horrible Bosses” she said.

 “Cool I’ll get the tickets you wait right here” I told her and went to get the tickets

“Okay…” she said and I gave her a quick kiss.

It took me some time to get the tickets, I felt a little bad making her wait for me alone.

But when I got back , I saw her talking to none other than Ryder.

“Yea… I hope it will” I heard Eva say before she turned to me stopping all conversation.

“Hey babe…what took you so long?” Eva asked

“There was a big line” I said looking sceptically between her and Ryder. What were they talking about?

“Hey man!” Ryder said and I shook his hand nodding my head in greeting.

I don’t like the guy, he was a dick I’ll never know what Eva ever liked in him.

“Eva the movies about to start, we should go in” I said trying to get Eva away from him.

“Oh yes! bye Ryder, I’ll see you later” Eva said waving him goodbye as did he.

   We both went inside the theatre and sat in our seats waiting for the movie to start.

“What were you two talking about before I came?” I asked Eva

“Oh it was nothing just holiday talk… he was telling me that his dog wasn’t feeling well, so I said I hope he gets better soon” she said, but I felt like she was trying to hide something from me.

“Was that all?” I asked her again

“Yeah … what else could it be?” she asked questioningly

Luckily the movie started and we stopped talking.

             ***************

“The movie was sooooo awesome!!... I love Jason Bateman he’s soo hot!!” Eva couldn’t stop talking about the movie, throughout the dinner and on the way home.

“Well I’m glad you liked it and don’t forget Jennifer looked pretty hot as well” I said adding to the list of good things about the movie.

“Yea… she’s okay” she said a little dejected.