Florence

Chapter 26

Recap:

"Just drive! Drive as fast as you can" I said hurriedly.

"Okay...." Damien said confused.

That was beyond creepy, I thought finally the fan girls were calm about us dating. It's been a couple months now!

But all I could think about was, she looked surprisingly familiar...

Chapter 26

"What do you want from me?"
"What do you think?"

"Look enough is enough, if you want to leave fine just leave. But don't think that I will ever forgive you for walking away from me, from us!!" he shouted.

"How is thinking about my future walking away from you?"

"When you leave the continent for it, it is!"

"Damien you're being ridiculous, so you're telling me that if you get a scholarship to NYU on football you won't take it?"
He didn't answer for a while...

"Exactly my point!"

"That's not fair"

"How is it not fair?"

"Well...it's for football and..."

"So you're saying you can go if you want to because it's for FOOTBALL!...How can you even say such a thing?"

He didn't say anything, he looked exhausted and it felt like he was giving up but not just on the fight...

"Look if you wanna go, go I'm not gonna stop you" he said and walked away banging the door on his way out.

I sat down on my bed with a thud still in shock from what had just happened.
I didn't even realise I had curled myself into a ball and was crying silent tears and whispered to myself,

"Did we just break up?"

************************
This fight was one of the biggest we've ever had, I don't think we can come back from this...

No! Don't say that, we have known each other pretty much our entire lives. This cannot be the end for us!

That stupid envelope caused this entire mess, why did mom scream so much!
I wish I could take the whole week back...

It all started on Monday evening when Damien and I were studying in my room and by studying I mean making any excuse to make out instead of doing our homework, when mom burst into my room squealing so loud while jumping up and down you'd think she was high on weed!

"OH MY GOD!! OH MY GOD!! OH MY GOD!! OH MY GOD!! OH MY GOD!!"

"Mommy calm down! What is it??" I asked her while Damien and I were laughing at her crazy antics.

"You've got a letter from University Of Florence!!!!!"

"What letter??"

"Remember we told you about it and you said you really liked their Graphic design program!!"

"Oh yeahh.... I didn't think they would reply this early?" I said astonished.

"Well?? Aren't you going to open it!!" my mom asked still jumping on her spot near the door.

"Yesss I am" I said as I got off the bed and made my way to her.

I opened the envelope and read, and re-read the letter a couple times and I still couldn't believe it!

"I uhm... I ..." I couldn't form the words.
"What?? You didn't get in?? Oh god!!" my mom looked like someone had just told her she got cancer
"Uhm..." I still couldn't say it
"Oh Eva I'm so sorry..."
"Hey it's okay..." Damien got off the bed and hugged me close.

"I got in..." I mumbled into his shirt.
He pulled me away and held me by my shoulders,

"You what?"

"I GOT IN!!!!" I said as loud as I could and jumped back into his arms.

It took a moment for it to register in him and then he hugged me closer, lifted me up and started spinning me around.

"YOU GOT IN!!!"

We were both in our own little world, when we realised my mom was still there in the room... she looked like she had been crying silently but she was happy at the same time.

Damien put me down and I went to her and hugged her fiercely,
We both were crying together now. But my mom couldn't stop saying how happy she was for me, and how proud I made her.
It was good day and we couldn't wait for dad to come home.

After we told dad he reacted in the same way that mom did, just didn't show his tears as freely as momma...

I was soo happy today, we were having dinner all of us when dad made a toast,

"Eva we have always been proud of the person you are but today, you have made us even more happy and proud of you than ever before and we hope you will keep making us proud... To Eva" my dad said and I could help tearing up when we cheered our glasses.

"Daddy... I'm gonna miss you both so much!"

"We are too honey, but don't worry we'll come visit you" my dad said reassuring me.

"Daddy Florence is in the UK it's not like right next to Burger King you know!!" I said everyone laughed

Everyone except for Damien, who suddenly became really quiet.

After dinner I went to see him till the door, he didn't say much.

"Okay...what's wrong??"
"You're going to Italy?" he asked surprised
"Uhm... yeah Florence is in Italy you know" I said and laughed little at the end.

Damien didn't look like he was in the laughing mood so I asked concerned,

"Is everything okay??" I asked.

He didn't reply for a couple minutes, I was getting worried now. Is he angry or upset I couldn't fathom.

He turned to look at me with unreadable eyes, he took a step towards me, lightly gave me a peck and held me close and I put my arms around him,

"You're scaring me now... what's going on?" I asked him while looking into his eyes.
"I'm gonna miss you..." he whispered.

And it was then it dawned on me, It wasn't just my home I was leaving behind me.

I was leaving Damien too...

*********************