Not Quite A Fairytale ch 11

Chapter 11

Drew's POV

For the past 3 weeks I had become friends with Taylor. The more the three of us hung out together, the more I started to think what the big deal was! Jared's arm healed completely and before I knew it, he was back to his annoying self. I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't mind him hanging out with Taylor all the time but with the making out and all that other romantic crap, that's where I have to draw the line!

This Saturday afternoon was somehow different than any other Saturday afternoon. The three of us are usually downtown hanging around the cafe with Kaycee and Ashley just waiting for the sky to rain. But for some reason, the sky was clear. It was mildly hot and no one had been arguing. It seemed a bit too good to be true...

It seemed too perfect...

I looked up at the sky and closed my eyes, enjoying the serene environment.

Suddenly, everything went dark.

It wasn't a pitch black-type of dark but it felt like someone was standing in front of me.

I opened my eyes and found the one of the few people in the world who I hate.

Kyle.

I sighed heavily. Great, looks like this day is ruined.

"D'you mind? You're blocking the sun."

"We have unfinished business." he said, a hint of threat in his voice, but not enough to make me fear him.

"Why do you insist on ruin this day? Don't you have a life? Or did send you down here? Typical." I scoffed.

His face went red with embarrassment as the others gathered around to see what was happening.

Jared came over. "What's going on over here?" he said with a knowing smile on his face.

"Well, Kyle over here is just doing Ryan's dirty work. You know, as usual."

"Ah. Typical, huh? Ryan snaps his fingers and you just come running. It's quite sad actually." Jared was about to walk away but like always, Kyle just couldn't back down.

"Where's that girlfriend of yours? She needs a talking to."

Jared stopped in his tracks. Unfortunately, at times like these, Jared couldn't back down either.

"Excuse me?"

I looked up at both of them. I knew that if this wasn't stopped, another fight could happen. But this time someone else could get hurt.

I looked over at Taylor, who was worriedly coming over to see what was going on.

"I thought you learned your lesson. Didn't you get the message last time?!"

Taylor was looking at Jared. He ignored Kyle and made his way to walk back. Whatever Taylor was doing to calm him down, it was sure working.

"Aren't you gonna fight back?!"

Jared slowly walked to Kyle. "Kyle, kyle, kyle," he said while shaking his head in pity. "Don't you know that an eye for an eye, makes the whole world blind?"

Quoting Gandhi, good work Jared! Using brains instead of brawn. Clever.

Kyle scoffed but looked extremely confused. "W...what's that supposed to be? Shakespeare or something?!"

If it hadn't been for the seriousness of this argument I would've burst out laughing right there and then. I'm sure I wasn't the only one since I saw Taylor hiding a small smile.