NQAF ch 18 part two

Comment and vote please! :) x

Taylor's POV

After almost an hour of talking to Drew, I started to wonder what Jared was doing. He'd taken a while in the kitchen. Drew seemed to worry as well.

"What's taking him so long?" he asked.

"I'm not sure. I'll go and check."

I made my way to the kitchen. "Jared? What are you doing in h-"

I opened the door to see a young, blonde woman trying to calm Kayce down. She turned around as soon as she saw me.

"Oh," she began. "Hello!" She said nervously. I couldn't figure out who she was but I took a long look on her appearance and I could tell they were somehow related.

"Erm-"

"I don't think we've met," She extended out her hand to me. "I'm Kristina, Jared's mom."

I slowly shook her hand, not taking my eyes off of Jared. His mom was here. And clearly, she didn't know about us. He looked at me back. He could tell I wasn't happy.

"And you are?"

"Taylor Williams. Jared's girlfriend."

"Oh." Kristina turned to look at Jared. "Now why didn't you tell me you had such a beautiful girlfriend?" She smiled at me which made me smile nervously in embarassment.

"Forgive my son, he was never goof at this sort of thing-"

"Mom, what are you doing here?"

She paused. "Well, I miss my kids, okay? It may be hard for you to believe but I'm back for good."

Kaycee beamed up straight away. "For good?"

Kristiana nodded. They shared a beautiful family moment and I was extremely happy for Jared but I was still angry at him. Why wouldn't he tell his mother about us?

Jared excused himself and walked up the stair, pulling me with him. As soon as we reached his room, he started apologising.

"Taylor, I'm sorry. I didn;t know she was going to be here."

"It's not that. You didn;t tell her about us."

"You didn't tell your parents about us."

"That's different, I knew how they would react." I turned away from him.

"I didn't mean to- Look, I haven't heard from her in years. I didn't know how to contact her or where she was,"

I immediately felt guilty for being angry at him. I felt selfish at the fact that there were bigger things going on here and I was only focusing on myself.

"If I could've found her, she'd be the first person I'd tell. I'm not ashamed of us, Taylor."

I went up and hugged him tightly. "I'm sorry, Jared. I didn't realise things were so hard between you and your mom."

"It's fine." He kissed my forehead and smiled. I managed to smile back.

"I think it'd be a good idea to actually meet your mom, formally."

He nodded and led the way back to the living room.

I could hear the surprise in Drew's voice as he saw Kristina. Everyone had missed her greatly. As soon as she saw me, she hugged me. I looked at Jared confused but he just shrugged.