Not Quite A Fairytale ch 9

Chapter 9

(5 Weeks later...)

Jared's POV

"Good morning!" I woke up straight away to find my sister, Kaycee, eagerly standing near the bed.

"What are you doing here?"

"Well, thanks (!) I haven't seen you for weeks and you don't even say 'hello'? I'm insulted."

I laughed. Amongst her many talents, humor was definitely one of them.

"I apologize. Hi! Now hat are you doing here?"

"Much better. The doctor said it's okay for you to come home now. They say you've been making great progress!"

"Great! Are we leaving now?"

"Well, we can, but why are you so eager to go home?"

"Let's just say that there's someone I need to see."

She nodded and went to speak to the doctor.

Taylor hadn't been to visit after her talk with Drew. Drew had but I didn't allow him to. I still needed time to think about what he had said.

On the ride home, Kaycee kept looking at me. This was weird behavior even for her.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Well for starters, you shouldn't be driving. And I was just wondering, what did you mean by, 'there's someone you need to see'?"

"Number one, I don't mind driving since you're just 15. And number two, I didn't mean anything by it-"

"Is that someone Taylor?"

I paused.

"How do you know about that?"

She shrugged. "Just a question..."

"Kace, what has Drew been saying?"

"He said that he tried to visit you but you won't let him. He says he's sorry for what he said about you and Taylor. I really think that you should talk to him."

"What else has been happening?"

"Ryan has been talking to Taylor at school. I don't know what about but it looked pretty serious."

"I see."

"I really think you should talk to Drew, Jared.

"Hmm. Maybe later. By the way, there's some where I need to go first, d'you mind?"

"If it's Taylor's then nope."

"Shut up, Kace." I said jokingly.

"Yeah, whatever."

Taylor's POV

Jared turned up at my front door. He looked his usually self even though he had been beaten.

"What are you doing here?"

My attention turned to a striking red head who was standing next to him. I guessed she was either a cousin or his sister so I waved politely and she waved back.

"That's funny, what you just said is exactly what he said when I showed up at the hospital! Weird, huh?"

"Go wait in the car, Kace." Jared said to her.

"Whatever."

Jared waited for her to get in the car before he started talking to me.

"So, how have you been?"