Not Quite A Fairytale ch 10

Chapter 10

Ashley's POV

"Why don't you ever listen? Eric is bad news and you know it!"

Taylor came over and was basically screaming at me. What was her problem?

"You don't know h-"

"Actually, I do. I know him better than you do. And do you know what? He's just a low-life scum."

"You can't say that about him!"

She walked around the room in frustration. What was she frustrated about? I remembered the issue with Jared and Eric. Obviously, Jared knew something that I didn't.

"What happened with Jared and Eric?" Taylor stood still.

"Oh, he was just angry about what I said-" she paused as if she had said too much. "Never mind."

"Tell me! What did you say to him?"

"It's nothing-"

"What happened?"

"Ash, calm down-" she said in her calmest voice but it wasn't working.

"I'm not going to calm down! You're so busy with Jared all the time and you have the nerve to tell me what to do? It's obvious that you value your relationship with Jared more than you do ours! Don't talk about Eric like he's some low-life! You don't even know him! If you really got to know him, you'd know that he's the sweetest guy and-"

"The sweetest guy? That shitty boyfriend of yours is a stupid RAPIST!" the words came out so fast and so unexpected with left her breathless, both of us.

"W...What? Eric isn't a...You're lying, aren't you?" I paused.

Taylor burst into tears as I had just stabbed her in the back. "No...no. I...it's true, Ashley."

It all made sense. The reason why Jared was angry. The reason why Eric knew what Jared was on about. And the fact that Taylor could never stand Eric. She could never be near me when I was with him. I never knew why...until now.

I sat down next to her. "I...When did...this happen?"

"When you guys started dating."

I risked a look at her face. Her sad, brown eyes filled with tears. I turned away. How could I have been so stupid! She's my best friend for goodness sake.

"I'm so sorry, Ash! I tried to tell you but-"

"No, don't be sorry! It's not your fault. I...I can't believe I let him do that to you. That's just evil!"

Taylor turned my face to look at hers. "Ashley, it's not your fault-"

"Yes it is! I let him do this to you! If it wasn't for me, things wouldn't be like this. I should've known something was up!" I stood up and walked over to the phone.

"It's not your fault, Ash! What are you doing?" she said walking towards me.

"I'm ending things."

I picked up the phone and dialed Eric's number angrily.

He finally picked up and suddenly, his voice made me sick to my stomach.

"Hey, babe. I was just on my way to yours. How's it going?"

I rolled my eyes. He sounded so innocent. If this was, like, 2 hours ago, I would have giggled like an idiot at how cute he sounded.

"Don't 'hi, babe' me. It's over."

"What?! What's going on? I'm coming over."

"Don't bother you, sick bastard!" I slammed the phone down and turned to look at Taylor.

"You didn't have to do that, Ash."

"Actually, Taylor. I did." I hugged her so tightly.

"I'm so sorry, Taylor."

"You should stop apologizing! It's over now, right?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I guess it is!"

The doorbell rang. I looked at Taylor and I could tell that we both knew who it is.

I opened the door and saw Eric.

"What are you doing here?

"I told you I was coming over-" he looked over at Taylor and I saw him suddenly tense up. I always wondered why he acted so strange around her but, now I knew. "What's she doing here?"

"She is my best friend."

"What was with you on the phone? What do you mean it's over? What did I do?"

"What did you do?" I pushed him out and closed the door behind us.

"You raped my best friend." I said quietly.

Eric shook his head as if he didn't know what I was talking about. His acting was terrible.

"What?! I...I don't know what you're talking about!"

"Don't play dumb with me. Jared knew and now I do. How could you be so...low?! "

His face turned angry. "Look here, Ashley. This was at the beginning of our relationship. So it doesn't even matter! And besides, you weren't giving me any so, I had to look elsewhere. I only went out with you because, well, you're hot and we make a good couple don't we?" he tried to put his arm around me but I pushed it away and slapped him so hard, it left a print.

"Argghhh! You bitch!" he said while cupping his face.

I kicked his shin and he fell to the floor in pain.

"Stay away from me and you better stay away from Taylor."

"Or what! What are you gonna do? Punch me again?!"

"Hmm. Maybe I'll let the police decide, shall I?"

He looked at me with fear in his eyes.

I left him there and went back into the house.

"Nice work there, Ash!"

"Yeah, thanks. I think that was seriously over due though!"

Drew's POV

After the argument at the hospital, I had tried to call Jared, like, 7 times. He didn't call when he got out of hospital and every time I went to see him, I wasn't allowed. I tried calling him again.

"Hello?" I was surprised he even picked up!

"It's me, Drew."

"Yeah, this is your number, dufus."

"Yeah, sorry." he sounded like he was in a good mood.

"Listen, about what I said-"

"Seriously, dude. It's alright."

"Are you sure? I had no right to say all that."

"Yeah, but you had a point." well, that was easy!

"So how's the arm?"

"It's alright. Still hurts if I move it too much but, y'know, whatever."

"You sound like you're in a good mood..."

"And?"

"Anything to do with Taylor?"

"What have you heard?" I heard a smile in his voice so he knew what I was talking about.

"Dude! Why didn't you tell me that you and Taylor are together?!"

"I don't know! I guess I was still mad at you or something. If it wasn't for Taylor, I still would be."

"Cool. Remind me to thank her tomorrow."

"Actually, you can do that today. We're gonna go to that new shopping center downtown, it'll be cool if you could come."

"Who else is going to be there?"

"Me, Taylor, Ashley and possibly you?"

"Yeah sure!"

"Alright, see you at 2."

Since Taylor wasn't like any other girl Jared's been with, I felt it was my duty to get to know her more. She sounded pretty cool anyway.