Part 23

"Stella, wake up! It's almost 9 AM. We need to be at the reception by 10 AM," Riana called out to Stella, trying to act as if nothing had happened the night before.

Stella struggled to open her eyes, still in a daze, trying to grasp her own presence.

Then she asked Riana, "Where am I? Oh God, why is my head so heavy?"

"How can you not remember, Stella? You are in a fascinating hotel in one of the most beautiful places. It's Aerobi, dear!"

"Oh no... yeah, I was drunk... and that creepy guy offered me some shots, and I was so upset about Mike that...," Stella burst out from her thoughts. Riana came and held Stella's face in both her palms, saying, "Just relax. Nothing bad happened. Once you get ready, we'll talk later. Just drink this lemon water; it will help with your hangover."

"Sorry, Riana, for whatever happened yesterday. But how did I end up here? The last thing I remember is Mike at the restaurant, and then what happened next? Yeah, I had some argument with Mike... then..."

Riana interrupted and said, "Stella, don't be hard on yourself. Nothing bad happened, and nothing will. I'm here, okay?" Riana's voice was filled with concern.

"Yeah. Sorry about yesterday. I didn't know what happened to me, and it made you worried."

"It's okay, Stella. Let's get ready. We'll be late. Before taking a shower, don't forget to drink that." Riana gestured toward the glass of lemon juice on the small table near the bed.

Stella got up from the bed, sipped the juice that Riana had left for her, and then went for a bath. As she relaxed in the bathtub with her eyes closed, suddenly, for a second, everything from the previous night flashed back, and she could vividly recall her conversation with Mike.

Stella felt a deep sense of shame as she thought about how she had cried in front of Mike and later confessed everything, even the kiss, to Riana.

"Oh God, what have I done!" she muttered to herself. She couldn't understand why she had drunk alcohol in the first place and why she had said things about her feelings for Mike that weren't even true. She realized she needed to talk to Riana.

Stella came out and Riana was not there but she found a note from Riana on the bed.

"Stella, come soon. I am waiting downstairs for you. Don't worry, gotta go. Some work to finish. See ya!"

Stella hurriedly got ready, knowing exactly where Riana would be. She put on a simple t-shirt and jeans, quickly combed her hair, applied some lip balm, and headed out to find Riana. Despite the lingering heaviness in her head from last night's drinking, she was determined to catch up with her friend before she could do anything.

Riana immediately walked to Mike's room. Mike was in the bathroom, so Robin opened the door.

"Where's Mike, Robin?" Riana asked, raising her voice.

"What are you doing here?" Robin had no clue.

"Nothing, just tell me where Mike is. I have something important to tell him."

Mike emerged from the bathroom, wearing only a towel, water droplets glistening on his well-defined muscles. Riana stumbled slightly in her place, taken aback.

"Yeah tell me, Riana?" Mike asked casually as he continued getting ready, acting as if nothing had happened.

Riana found it hard to avert her gaze from him. Before she could say something that she might later regret, and to diffuse the tension in the room, she quickly shifted her focus to the reason she had come there in the first place.