Part 10

The day he invited her.

Stella Proverbs:

"I won't go. How could I? Honestly, I feel like such a fool, Ryana. He's the one who's been trying to ensure my life is a mess. He's the one who's ridiculed me, not just in class but in front of the entire school. So why did I get emotional when I saw him in so much pain? He's genuinely suffering, Ryana. Oh God! What's happening to me?" I expressed my frustration with myself for allowing that troublesome person to make my life miserable.

"Oh God, Stella! I don't want to see you making yourself crazy in front of me. What's going on with you? His pain seems to affect you more than his insults!" She suddenly sat up from where she had been comfortably lying on my bed.

"That was all nonsense," I defended myself, but deep down, I couldn't help but think, "Yes, I am."

"Okay, then, if you don't want to go, don't. I'm not even going to that party at that rich brat Mike's place. No need to stress about it. You know what he's like! And do you really think he invited you as a guest out of goodwill? No, Stella, I'm pretty sure he's got some sinister plans in mind," Riana warned me.

"I'm not going to that so-called party either, Riana. I'm just not a party person, and besides, who does he think he is, insulting me over and over again? And does he think I'll be doing whatever he's saying? That's ridiculous. I know it's just another one of his schemes to embarrass me, and I'm not a fool, Riana. But sometimes, I can't help but feel sorry for myself, for losing my cool in front of such losers," I sighed heavily, then collapsed onto the bed, trying to release all the anger that had been boiling inside me.

"Don't get stressed, Stella. I know you better than anyone. You're just being yourself, and that's why I like you so much! I suggest you not to overthink about him or his thoughts; they'll only eat away at you like slow poison, or worse, make you fall in love with him!" She tried to soothe my temper with her witty tone.

"No way, never," I said firmly. "But I love you, Riana, and I know you'll always be there for me." Overwhelmed by my emotions, I hugged her tightly. 

"Stella, could you come downstairs?" my mother called out.

"Yes, I'm coming, Mom," I replied to my mother. Riana and I bid farewell to our cozy spot on the bed and quickly made our way downstairs.

"Oh my God! 10 missed calls! And damn, my phone was on silent," Riana exclaimed in shock before rushing out of the room.

"10 missed calls! From who?" I asked, mirroring her shocked expression.

"Oh no, I'm in trouble today!" Riana exclaimed, looking at her phone with a frightened expression.

"Riana, you're seriously scaring me! Who called you? What's going on?" I asked, just as anxious as she was.

"Stella, it's Mom! I completely forgot! My uncle and aunt were supposed to come today, so my mom asked me to get groceries and some essential things before evening. It's already 7 pm. She's going to kill me! I really need to go now!" Riana blurted out, and her fear was palpable in her voice.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Riana! It's my fault that you couldn't go home. I was just talking nonsense," I apologized, feeling guilty.

"Don't blame yourself, and it's not your fault. If you don't tell me, who will? Stay strong. Try not to dwell on your recent nightmare!," she winked at me and gave me a warmer hug.

"Stella, are you coming or not? I've been calling you for an hour!" my mother shouted from downstairs.

"Yes, Mom, coming!" I replied, and both of us rushed downstairs, thinking to myself that it definitely hadn't been an hour.

"What were you both doing? Oh, are you leaving, Riana?" my mother asked Riana, who was in a hurry to leave.

"Yes, Aunt! I really need to go; there's a possibility of a cyclone!" Riana replied to my mom.

"Cyclone? But I haven't heard any news about a cyclone, sweetie!" my mother responded with innocence.I laughed very hard and said "Mom actually there's no cyclone! She has some urgency to go to her home!" And then look backed at Riana and said, "You go Riana. Will see you tomorrow!,"

"Yes, I'm leaving, Aunt. We'll meet soon. Love you. Goodbye," Riana said as she left our home after bidding goodbye.

My mom seemed puzzled by the situation, clearly having no clue about what had just happened. I decided to ignore her for now and asked her why she had called me.

"Are you going to Mr. Williams' house?" she asked me casually.

"Wait, what? No, Mom, I'm not going anywhere...but why are you asking?" Her question caught me off guard. I wondered if she had overheard something while Riana and I were talking. I had been incredibly frustrated with this topic since yesterday.

"By the way, who told you?" I asked her, curious about how she had come to know about this

"Mike told me that you're going to his house to tutor him!" she explained with a confused tone.

"What??? Are you sure?" I asked again, needing to reassure myself.

"Obviously! Who else could it be? I asked him to come over here, but he said he'll come from tomorrow and today he needs to stay at his home. He mentioned wanting to eat some sweets made by me, so I've already prepared some for him. And now you're saying you're not going! What should I do?" My mom's expressions shifted from excitement to concern.

I could feel the frustration and anger building up inside me. I had no idea people like Mike existed in the real world. What he was doing to me was unbearable, and now he was involving my parents. I wished I could escape from this ruthless world and find some peace.

"Stella!" My mom's shout brought me back from the load of frustrating thoughts that had consumed me.

"Mom, why don't you ask Dad? I don't think I'll be able to go, and if Mike calls again, please tell him I'm not running a free tutoring institution here," I tried to convince her, frustration evident on my face.There were so many things I wanted to say to my mother, but for the sake of my father's friendship with Williams, I held my tongue.

"Dad will be late today. But don't stress yourself," she said in a low voice, her concern evident.

"Oh God, all these emotions are overwhelming. I can't stand to see her sad. She means the world to me. But how can I tell her that he's not interested in her sweets? It's his way to ensure I go to the party."

"Don't worry, Mom. I'll go," I reassured her with a smile.

"Are you sure?? But you didn't want to go?" She looked suspicious.

"Actually...never mind. Just pack the sweets quickly. I'll be down in 5 minutes after getting ready, okay?" My mother's joyful smile was exactly what I wanted to see on my parents' faces. I dashed to my room, put on a pair of jeans and a regular t-shirt with a jacket, combed my hair lightly, applied lip balm, and then rushed downstairs to pick up my phone from the desk.

#Thank you guys for reading this chapter. Hope you all like this part and Don't forget to vote and comment below.