part 3

Stella proverbs:

"Come on, Mom, you've got to let me go. This is our final year, and this place is unlike anything else. It's so unique and beautiful. I can't pass up the opportunity to experience this incredible place with my friends," I pleaded, hoping to sway my mother's decision.

"Two days? Absolutely not, Stella. Sweetheart, you're still so innocent and unaware of the harsh realities of the outside world. There's so much cruelty out there, and I'm not convinced that your father will agree to this," my mom's words echoed a sentiment I had heard before. Convincing my parents was never an easy task. She was resorting to her usual emotional arguments about the dangers of the outside world.

I couldn't help but let out a sarcastic laugh. "Mom, come on! I really don't need to know what Dad's response will be. Just tell me what you want to say. Everyone's going to be there, Mom. Riana is going, too. I'm not a child anymore. People my age are out there having amazing experiences. It's like I'll have to catch up on a decade's worth of adventures if I start now! But because you both are hesitant to let me explore, I'm stuck in this bubble. And what happened to JACK doesn't mean it will happen to me, Mom!" My words hung heavy in the air, and I abruptly stopped, realizing the weight of what I'd just said. My mom's expression had shifted to one of distress, her face reddening as if she was on the verge of tears. I immediately regretted bringing up Jack in such a manner, especially in front of my mom.

"Mom, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to bring up his name like that," I rushed to apologize, my words coming out in a continuous stream.

Yet, my mother's response was marked by a heavy silence. Gently, she released my hand from her shoulder and withdrew to the kitchen, her emotions appearing to be on the verge of overflow. In a voice trembling with contained emotions, she confided, "I'll do my best to talk to your father. But there's something you should know—a close friend of your dad's is coming over for dinner, along with his son." Pausing for a moment, she added softly, "We'll continue this conversation tomorrow."

As her words echoed in the air, I stood there, the weight of her unspoken feelings settling within me. They are my life. Especially my mom, who I could share my madness with endlessly. I love her deeply. The realization that my words had brought a shadow over her saddened me. I hadn't intended to stir up such emotions, especially not in front of her.

Amidst the awkward silence, all I managed was an "okay."  Feeling guilty about our conversation, I decided to just agree with whatever decision they made. Emotions always got the better of me, often overwhelming me. My head was spinning as I thought about how to explain this to Riana. If things went the same way, I was certain I'd end up nauseous. I calmed myself down, realizing that my mom had said someone was coming for dinner. That meant my father would be in a good mood. I resolved to let the day pass positively and discuss it with them tomorrow.

Mike Proverb:

That gaze – it's been haunting me since day one. And it's not like she fits my usual type. So why does it bother me so much, seeing her standing there outside the girl's restroom with Jennifer? What's happening to me? I've always been the kind of guy who couldn't care less about what others think of me. Yet today, for some reason, I wanted to confront her, to make her understand that her assumptions were completely wrong.

"So, something bothering you?" I heard my father's voice as I relentlessly pounded the punching bag.

I halted, realizing that the voice belonged to my father—someone I admired immensely. I'd do anything for him.

"Dad, you shouldn't have come here," I didn't want him to see me like this.

"How could I not come when my son is in pain? You are my strength, my son. We are each other's pillars. After your mother passed away, I found solace in your eyes," my father's voice quivered with emotion, but then he composed himself and asked, "Now, spill the beans. What's going on?"

"Nothing, Dad. I'm fine," I replied with a smile, masking the turmoil I felt inside. "You must be kidding! You're my son, and I'm an experienced man. The world may admire my money, my status, and my achievements, but for me, you are my ultimate joy. I see my reflection in your eyes. So don't think you can hide your emotions from me, especially not when you're in front of me!" I was astounded by his uncanny insight into my feelings.

No pretence could last long in front of him.

"I just had a fight in school, so I am a little upset over that. Nothing else", I hoped my father would buy my explanation. The truth was, I didn't understand my emotions well enough to explain them to anyone, including myself.

"Son, you're the heir to the William fortune, and you're concerned about a minor fight? When I was your age, I was merely playing with words. Look where it got me. You should learn something from your old man," his tone shifted humorously, making me burst into laughter.

"Get yourself ready. Don't be late for dinner, my son," my dad advised before exiting the room.

"Do I really have to go, Dad?" My voice reflected a lack of enthusiasm.

"Yes, it is," came the firm reply from outside my room.

Oh great, now I'm stuck with having to go to one of his friend's houses for dinner. I have absolutely no idea who this friend is, and it's the first time I'm meeting him. What's more, my father is unusually excited about this meeting. I've never seen him display such warmth towards anyone outside the family. This friend must be really significant to him. Perhaps a long-lost buddy? Anyway, I guess I'll have to put aside all these thoughts about those intriguing eyes and get myself ready for dinner.

#Thanks to all for reading this chapter.  Hope you guys liked it and please let me know your views in the comment section below. And stay tuned for the next chapter which will be very exciting.