Part 22

#Before Starting this part, I am just announcing one of the fictional places in Aerobi, Humung Cave. In reality, there is no such place as this name or if this name is similar to anything, then accept my sincere apologies. You will get to know about this place later in the story. Thank you, guys.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What happened, Mike? Why were you there? You almost caused a scene in the retro bar, all for what? Stella? Thankfully, that man didn't escalate the situation," Robin scolded Mike.

Mike remained silent, showing little interest in Robin's words, as though nothing significant had transpired.

"Mike, I'm trying to talk to you, buddy! You can't just brush this aside. Please, explain the situation with you and Stella. Why are you so concerned about her? You used to hate her, and now she's causing all this trouble. I can't stand her, man!" Robin raised his voice, frustrated with Mike's silence.

"Shut up, Robin. How could you even think like that? She's the one who got into trouble, and it's not her fault. All of this is happening because of me. I shouldn't have told her anything about Jennifer. It was all a lie," Mike tried to defend Stella, although he didn't realize it.

Robin was momentarily stunned, then moved closer to Mike to check if he was okay. Mike accepting blame so readily was quite unusual, and it raised concerns for Robin.

Robin asked, "Are you okay, Mike? Do you need immediate medical attention? And, hang on a second, are you in love with Stella?"

Mike ignored all of Robin's questions, but the last one made him ponder whether he was truly in love with Stella, rather than outright denying the possibility.

"Are you?" Robin asked Mike again.

Mike, who was genuinely confused about his feelings towards Stella, could only manage to say, "I don't know, Robin." He got up from his bed and went to the balcony to feel the fresh air of Aerobi, with Robin following him.

Mike told Robin, "I don't know what it is. I've never felt this way for Jennifer. My feelings for Stella are new. My heart wants to be near her all the time, to protect her, ensure she's okay, and see her smile. I just want her to be with me, to understand me without us having to say anything. Her eyes are so captivating that my heart beats faster than usual. My mind constantly searches for a glimpse of her when she's not nearby. When I close my eyes, all I can see is her cute, innocent face. Since day one, I've been trying to ignore these feelings. I've even tried to hurt her, not knowing the consequences, but I ended up hurting myself. My blood boils when I see her with another guy. I don't even know what this feeling is. It's so frustrating that it's making me weaker day by day. When she asked me the same question today, I lied, not because I didn't want to tell her the truth, but because I didn't know how to express it."

Robin was at a loss for words. He had never seen Mike in such a condition, openly expressing his emotions. Mike was typically tough and reserved, never one to share his feelings with anyone, not even with himself. Seeing him so vulnerable was a new experience.

Mike, I think you're in love with her. You need to tell her how you feel. She might be feeling the same way about you.

Are you serious, Robin? But why have I never felt this way for Jennifer?

Maybe because you were never in love with her.

Do you think Stella feels the same?

I don't know, Mike, but you need to tell her first.

But what if she rejects me, gets angry, or doesn't want to see my face again?

Relax, Mike. Whatever happens will happen, but at least you'll get to know. Tomorrow, they'll take us to Humung Cave, and according to the rules, we always stay with our partners. You know these places better, so you can take her somewhere quiet where nobody can disturb you.

And what if Sir Edmerd finds out?

Don't worry, I will manage there. But be quick about it.

Mike hesitated for a moment because confessing his feelings was not his style.

He's torn between the relief of finally acknowledging his feelings and the fear of potentially losing Stella.

Meanwhile, Stella is in her room, crying nonstop, unable to understand why she's so devastated that Mike's answer wasn't what she expected. It seems he was only concerned about himself when he searched for her.

Stella, despite her knowledge that Mike was typically emotionless and arrogant, still hoped for some sign of concern from him. She yearned for him to admit he had been worried about her.

Riana, noticing Stella's tears and swollen eyes, attempted to console her. "Stella, please stop crying! Just look at you. Your eyes are almost swollen. You made a mistake, and now you're crying like a child. You should be grateful that nobody saw you there."

"Riana, I want to leave this place! My parents were right; the people around me were not good. They know nothing except playing with the emotions of others. I want to leave and never want to see anybody, especially Mike!" Stella was crying so hard that it became difficult for her to catch her breath.

"Nobody will play with your emotions as long as I am with you, and Mike is the one who found you. You have no idea how worried we were, especially Mike!"

"But he was only worried about himself."

"But Stella, why is it affecting you?"

"Yeah, Riana, it's affecting me, and I... I don't know why!"

Riana was just confused about what to say. She felt like the best course of action was to tell Stella to sleep.

However, Stella interrupted and said, "Why does he always talk about Jennifer in front of me? I don't like her, not even a little. She's so mean, just like Mike. First, he lied to me, saying that Jennifer is not his girlfriend, and now he's trying to tell me they kissed."

Riana was only listening and observing Stella. 

Stella continued, "Even in anger or in pain, I want to see him. My eyes always search for a single glance from him, and his absence makes me feel lonely even in a crowd. I want him to say that he is worried about me. I know he's a player. For him, kissing or sleeping with someone might not matter, but it really matters to me, Riana."

Stella, are you sure? Maybe there's a misunderstanding.

"No, Riana, there's no misunderstanding. He kissed me at school, and then he came to my home and said it was just a mistake," Stella replied.

"What the hell! But why didn't you tell me? When did it happen?", Riana was shocked.

"Sorry, Riana, I didn't tell you. I just wanted to forget those moments. I know that for him, it's just a matter of seconds, but it completely messed with my state of mind. I didn't want to make it a big deal in my life, but that moment is imprinted in my mind so vividly that I can even feel his lips now. I don't know why I let him do it. I could have pushed him away before it made me fall for that moment. There were times I wanted to deny that I ever desired that moment, but somewhere, I also wanted to kiss him back. I'm going crazy, Riana. It's so depressing. He's the one who always wanted to see me in pain in front of everyone and even lied to my parents, to my mother's emotions. How could I long for a moment with him? Why??? Sometimes I feel he's lying to me, or maybe I'm wrong, but his eyes always sync with my heart. I know, Riana, he can lie to me, but his eyes never can. His eyes..." Stella trailed off as she fell asleep, murmuring the last word, "his eyes."

Riana didn't want to interrupt and disturb Stella. She clearly understood Stella's feelings and decided to let her sleep with her own dilemma. She gently covered Stella with a blanket, kissed her forehead, and whispered, "Sleep, Stella, everything will be fine."

#Thank you for reading this chapter.