Part 25

Stella waited anxiously, her gaze fixed on Mike. It felt like an eternity had passed, even though it had only been twenty seconds for her.

"Mike, who is she?" Nervousness crept into her voice as she finally mustered the courage to ask about the person who meant so much to him.

Inside, her mind was a whirlwind: "I'm not sure I want to hear this, but I need to know. Just say it, come on!"

At last, Mike turned to Stella, and the words tumbled out, "Jennifer!"

Stella felt a sudden ache in her heart as if it had been squeezed tightly.

"Hey, Mike!"

Stella turned to see Jennifer suddenly appear out of nowhere.

"Mike, where have you been?" Jennifer asked with an air of familiarity, then turned to Stella with a disdainful look. "And who's this, Mike? I've never seen such a bitch like you."

"Shut up, Jennifer," Mike snapped at Jennifer, his pride wounded.

"Look at what she's turned you into, Mike!"

"Get out of here, Jennifer. If you say one more word to her, you'll see a side of me you won't like," Mike's voice was edged with anger.

Jennifer glared back, clenching her teeth in frustration.

"Why are you shouting at me? Can't you see what this girl has done to you? And when did you start hanging out with these people? Haven't you forgotten how much you hated her? Weren't you the one who planned that party to put her in her place?"

"Shut... up..." Mike's words came out heavily, each one laced with anger. Yet, he felt incredibly vulnerable in Stella's presence.

Amid his anger, he also felt a pang of pain. How did he end up here? He had wanted to confess his feelings to Stella, but it all went horribly wrong.

Ignoring Jennifer for a moment, Mike tried to make Stella understand that her words were baseless.

Stella was taken aback. Tears welled up in her eyes, and her emotions were in turmoil. A tear escaped her eye and she bit her lip to control her emotions.

Before she lost control completely, she fled. She barely registered Mike's words as she searched for Riana in the crowd, becoming utterly lost once again.

Mike followed, but after a while, he lost sight of her.

"Where did she go?" Mike's frustration was evident as he held his head, closing his eyes. Losing her wasn't an option today.

"No, I can't lose her today," he kept telling himself.

"Why hesitate then?"

Mike looked toward the voice and saw Aiden standing there, grinning mischievously.

Mike was confused by Aiden's presence.

"Damn it," Mike muttered to himself, frustrated by his thoughts about Jennifer and now Aiden.

Aiden approached him, and before he could speak, Mike cut him off, "Not today."

Aiden smiled knowingly and said, "Today is the day," pausing briefly before adding, "tell her how much you love her."

"What?" Mike's expression was a mix of confusion and surprise. He hadn't expected this from Aiden. Was Aiden scheming something? Numerous questions raced in his mind, seeking the truth.

"What's your game, man? Do you think I'll walk right into your pre-planned trap?"

"I know what you're thinking, Mike. Before you say anything else, can you give your friend Aide a hug?"

"Aide!" Mike was taken aback by the unexpected appearance of Aiden. Laughter mixed with tears as emotions flooded back. Memories of their shared moments flooded his mind.

"Aide! You're here? Where have you been?" Mike embraced Aiden tightly, his voice tinged with a mix of relief and happiness. "You can't imagine how much I missed you. But why didn't you tell me earlier? I thought you were just one of those quirky guys..."

Aiden interjected playfully, "Like you?" and winked, sparking laughter between them.

"You have no idea, Aide, I came back here just to find you and bring you along. But you weren't around. I searched everywhere but couldn't find you. Where have you been?"

"I'll tell you everything. Let's finish some unfinished business first, and I know where she is."