part 6

As I was about to leave my room without waiting for his permission, a sudden grip tightened around my wrist. In the blink of an eye, I was swung back and pushed against the wall. My eyes closed instinctively, and my body shivered with the shock of the unexpected attack. What had just happened?

But as I opened my eyes, I found Mike's face mere inches from mine. I could feel his breath against my skin. His expression was twisted with anger as if he could end my life within seconds. My arm ached from his tight grip. I was both surprised and puzzled by his sudden aggression towards me.

Despite my efforts to free myself, his grip only tightened, causing me more pain. I struggled to pull my hands from his powerful grasp, but it seemed like he was determined to keep me there, trapped and in discomfort.

"What are you doing? Just let go of me! It's hurting," I pleaded, my voice filled with both frustration and pain.

"Don't you dare try to leave in the middle of our conversation, do you understand? And who the hell are you to judge my relationship with Jennifer? You don't even have a single idea about what just happened between us out there! So stop giving your worthless opinions that are not worth a single ounce of help to anybody. I was a complete fool to have even tried to share the truth with you. You are not even my type," he growled, his gaze full of disgust, locked onto me.

"Stop it, Mike. Just let go of me. First of all, I have no interest in being the person you share your innermost thoughts with. Secondly, you're in my house and acting like a thug, which only confirms that you are far from being my type. You clearly lack the manners to even have a proper conversation with a girl," I retorted, my voice matching his intensity, as I struggled to free my arm from his tight grip.

He finally released his grip, and I was now free from his grasp. However, my arm was still throbbing in pain.

"Really? Do you think I was dying to meet you?! I know your type very well. If I had even the slightest idea that this was your place, I would have gone to some crazy party instead of coming here. People die to sit with me. Your luck must be incredibly heavy to have a chance encounter with me without even trying," he said mockingly, his tone dripping with arrogance and pride.

I was completely hurt and couldn't help but compare him with his father. His father was so down to earth, while Mike seemed to be the complete opposite. Such arrogance, nonsense, and heartlessness defined him.

"Don't be so arrogant, Mr. Mike. I might not be at your level in terms of wealth, but my values and morals are far better than yours. I don't judge people based on their bank balance, possessions, or appearance. I am proud of who I am, and I certainly don't need your approval of my character. I am not like those people who fawn over you and seek your attention. While others may be thrilled to be around you, I'm actually relieved not to be one of them. I have no interest in your attention, your presence, or even your shadow. The only reason I'm even engaging with you is because of our parents," I expressed my frustration with fervour and determination.

I can't stand that guy! Why did he have to come to my house? Why does he have to be Mr. Williams' son?

He clapped mockingly and smiled, saying, "Haha... Oh, so you can talk! Impressive! You're quite the orator, aren't you? But mark my words for what you just said. You'll eventually come around. Just wait and watch."

"That day will never come. Don't ever try to touch me like that. Now I understand why parents don't allow trips, and I'm glad they don't," I said firmly, giving him a stern warning.

"Welcome to the hell, Stella," he said sarcastically, accompanied by a wink.

I was shocked and afraid, but I tried to show that his words had no effect on me.

Then I heard my mother's voice from downstairs, "Stella, come with Mike. Dinner is ready."

Mike gestured towards the door, indicating that I should go first. I walked towards the door without saying anything to him, and he followed me with his trademark mischievous smile.

Everyone was gathered around the dining table, enjoying the delicious meal that my mother had prepared with dedication. The most important ingredients she had added were love and affection.

"Oh, Suzanne, you've really made delicious food. Both Mike and I should come over more often," Mr. Williams praised my mother genuinely. Even my friend Riana often makes excuses to eat my mother's homemade recipes, and my mother never tires of serving others.

"That would be wonderful, Mr. Williams," my mother replied with a warm smile.

There was a brief silence, and then Mike cleared his throat and started a conversation. I was surprised, and everyone turned their attention to him. He glanced at me and asked, "Stella, are you ready for Aerobi?"

I had a feeling! I just knew he would come up with something crazy.

My mind was a whirlwind of confusion and anger towards Mike. I had been planning to discuss this with my father tomorrow, and now Mike had gone ahead and brought it up.

I glanced at my mother, whose expression mirrored my own surprise, and then turned to look at my father for his response.

Father looked a bit puzzled and asked, "Aerobi? What's going on, Stella?"

"Dad, actually this time the school has decided to go for an outing to Aerobi. I was about to tell you, but..." I was trying to finish my sentence when Mike interrupted, saying, "Oh Stella, you didn't even tell your father and decided to go?"

I felt the urge to strangle Mike to death! Maybe it was a joke for him, but he shouldn't play with anyone's emotions like that.

But keeping all the frustration inside, I calmly said to him, "No Mike, I haven't yet decided whether to go or not." He was smiling at me, and I was feeling utterly hopeless. Tears began to well up in my eyes.

But I was relieved when Mr Williams chimed in, saying, "Oh, it's okay. Aerobi is a nice place to learn more about history. So you should go, dear."

I was wondering what my parents were thinking at that moment. After the incident with Mike, my decision about going to Aerobi was completely thrown off.

I said, fumbling, "Hmmm... I don't know."

"No, Albert, she is not going," my father said, sticking to his usual decision.

I was getting quite irritated by Mike, who had brought up this topic in such a way.

"Why? You should let her go. Mike's also going. Don't worry, she's not a little girl anymore. And I understand why you're hesitant, but you can't hold back her independence because of past losses. She's strong. Am I right, dear?" Mr. Williams spoke to my father and then turned to me with an encouraging smile.

My father remained silent, but his expression spoke volumes. He was torn between his protective instincts and the desire to let me go. Meanwhile, Mike started pleading with my father, urging him to allow me to go to Aerobi.

"Please, Uncle Daniel, let her go. This might be the last chance. We don't know where we'll be next year. I don't have many friends here, Stella is the family friend and now I think if Stella goes, I'll be happier.," Mike requested my father, his expression softening into a puppy-like plea.

What! Friend! He's my biggest enemy. I doubted his intentions. The person who threatened me just a minute ago, now he's trying to work things in my favour. There's definitely something fishy going on in his mind. I was trying to figure out his intentions when suddenly my father said yes to him.

What just happened was completely beyond my imagination. My father never agreed to such decisions, but he said yes, not to my request, but to Mike's. I felt a bit disappointed, but at the same time, I didn't know whether to be happy or regret it.

But when I looked at Mike, he was throwing an evil grin towards me, which made me feel scared inside. So I tried to ignore his presence and focused on the food.