part 8

Stella proverbs:

"What the hell! Albert Williams is your father's friend?!" Riana exclaimed, shocked, after hearing about all the drama that happened yesterday.

"Seriously, Riana? You call yourself my friend?! Out of everything I've just told you, the most shocking thing you find is whether Mr. Williams is my father's friend or not. Unbelievable!" I exclaimed in disbelief.

"No, no, no! You're not getting my point, Stella. If Mr. Williams is your father's friend, then Mike will be your frie...," Riana was trying to explain, but I interrupted her.

"No. Never! He will only be my lifetime enemy, and other than that, nothing else," I quickly responded, knowing exactly what Riana was trying to imply. The idea of Mike being a friend was out of the question for me.

"Yes, I understood, Stella," Riana consoled me.

"No, Riana, you can't. Have you ever seen anyone as unlucky as me? Yesterday morning, I wanted to go to Aerobi, which seemed impossible, but by the end of the day, it became possible with the help of someone I never even expected in my life."

And most importantly, I still can't figure out the bloody reason he got so angry at me! We don't even talk to each other, for God's sake! I just appreciated the fact that he looks perfect with Jennifer, and that's it. I'm not even sure about it! But giving a compliment, right? Besides, I don't need his explanation about what they were doing in the washroom. You know, that's why I never get friendly with anyone. Nobody tries to understand me like you do, Riana and yesterday was incredibly embarrassing for me." I felt utterly helpless and stuck in a dilemma. I just wanted to run somewhere where nobody could find me.

For the first time, I noticed that Riana was silently listening to every word I was saying, paying close attention.

"Are you two discussing me?"

We both turned our heads in the direction of the voice.

"Oh God, not again!" I thought to myself, feeling exasperated.

It was Mike and his close friend Robin, who was often seen with him. Unfortunately, Robin lives next to Riana. I generally dislike the guy who only knows how to flirt with girls all the time. He's like a stalker, which I really dislike. They both sat across from us, and Mike gave me a sly smile, but I decided to stay quiet.

"Why are you two here?" Riana asked them, sounding annoyed.

"That's not right, Riana. How could you enjoy a burger without me?" Robin questioned, grabbing the burger from her hand.

"How dare you, Robin? I am gonna kill you here in the middle of this school canteen in front of everyone", Riana growled at Robin and I couldn't help but feel a hint of satisfaction.

But out of nowhere, Jennifer appeared, striding over to us with her usual disdainful expression, as though we were from another planet. "Well, well, what a surprise to see you two here!" she remarked.

I felt a bit puzzled, wondering if I had somehow stumbled upon a hidden magnetic force that was drawing everyone in my direction. First Mike and now Jennifer, someone who always seemed to maintain her status as the centre of attention, whether it was in friendships or relationships.

I glanced at Mike, and to my surprise, his expression shifted. It was clear that he hadn't anticipated Jennifer's arrival and wasn't exactly pleased by her presence either.

"Oh, so you must be Stella, I presume?" she inquired, and in response, I replied with a grin, "You heard correctly."

"You appear quite innocent, though that's not entirely the case, is it? How audacious of you to manipulate Mike's father into giving him tuition through you." Now she was accusing me with baseless remarks!

"Excuse me! That's enough! Do you all really believe you can make assumptions about me? I haven't forced anyone or made any promises. So go ahead and believe whatever you want. Let's go, Riana," I exclaimed, my anger evident, which was quite out of character for me. I was prepared to leave the canteen.

"Stop!" Mike finally intervened.

I halted in my tracks and met his gaze. There was something I couldn't quite put my finger on, a hint of emotion welling up in his eyes as if he had been hurt in some way.

"Jenny, there's no need for you to say all of that to her," he said, and a sense of gratitude washed over me. However, that feeling changed when he followed up with a mischievous smile, saying, "After all, what am I here for?" At that moment, a wave of sadness enveloped me, and I felt tears welling up, but I managed to maintain my composure, pretending that it didn't affect me.

Everyone around was laughing and chatting, seemingly making a joke out of the situation. It was beyond anything I could have imagined, the way these events were unfolding before my eyes.

"Oh, is that so? If everyone seems to be forgetting, then I don't mind giving a reminder that I'm right here too," Riana spoke up, redirecting the attention towards herself. I was deeply moved by Riana's support, and my heart swelled with gratitude.

"Oh, look who it is—my neighbour!" Robin chimed in with a hint of pride, simultaneously playfully teasing Riana.

"Oh, you really had us frightened there!" Mike remarked in a teasing tone, directing his playful remark mainly at me.

"Let's go, Riana. I'd rather not stay here," I suggested, eager to leave this place quickly. It was disheartening to witness the influence of those who falsely claimed to be the heroes of the school, tainting the environment.

Once more, I was about to leave when Mike stood in my path, his expression filled with frustration. "How many times do I have to tell you not to walk away in the middle of our conversation?" he exclaimed, his anger evident.

"Forget it, Mike. It's not worth your time dealing with those who are just seeking your attention and nothing more," Jennifer remarked with her usual annoying tone.

"Just so you know, Jennifer, your supposed friends Mike and Robin were the ones who came over and interrupted our conversation," Riana retorted, maintaining her characteristic style.

"Whatever," Jennifer responded nonchalantly, giving her hair a casual sweep with her hand.

Mike and I exchanged a prolonged gaze. I could feel tears forming in my eyes, and I was uncertain about his expression, not wanting to misinterpret it by my own assumptions.

Then, without a second thought, Riana took hold of my hand, and together, we walked away from the scene, not bothering to look back.

#Hope you guys like my story. Please vote and don't forget to comment below. Thank you all.