Ch. 20 A New Adventure

Tine paced around the bridge over the ocean, trying to calm his jittery heart. He was so nervous that he couldn't think; he couldn't breathe. He could feel droplets of sweat dripping down his back. It wasn't even hot outside.

"Tine".

Tine whipped around to the voice that he was dying to hear all along.

It was Sarawat. He was wearing the same white shirt and tan jacket from the night they first kissed. Except he was on crutches. It was weird to see him on crutches, like someone had tried to contain a wild, raging beast.

They stared at each other breathlessly. There was a thick tension in the air.

"Tine" Sarawat shuffled over with his crutches as quickly as he could. He took Tine's hand, squeezing it tightly. Tine felt a wave of electric shock run through his body.

"Tine, I'm sorry na". Sarawat's eyes were pleading and desperate as he tightly gripped onto his hand. "I never wanted to cause you pain. I know I should have said this a long time ago. It's just-" He looked down, biting his lip.

Tine's heart was beating so fast that he felt like it was going to lurch out of his body. "I've never done this before, and I always thought you were straight, and you're just different- anyways, what I want to say is-"

"Wait!!" Tine blurted out. He couldn't breathe. He was shaking all over. He was absolutely terrified. But he couldn't wait.

"I love you".

Sarawat jerked his head up in utter shock. He opened his mouth to speak but Tine stopped him.

"I'm not looking for an answer. I know that I made so many mistakes, and I'm sorry for that. So I'm not asking for anything back. I just -I needed to say it, for myself.   I needed you to know". Tine rambled breathlessly, his eyes desperately pleading for Sarawat to listen.

"And, you can't stop me, by the way. Because, no matter what you think of me right now, I'm going to keep liking you! And there's nothing you can do about it!" Tine yelled at him, his eyes glistening with tears.

Sarawat looked like he wanted to speak again, but Tine's jittery legs took off.

"Tine! Hey!" He heard Sarawat yell but his legs were already sprinting past the deserted street.

Oh my god, what did I just do? Why am I running away like a coward? Ahhh how am I ever going to face Wat again? Tine cursed himself as his mind spun around in circles.

Fuck. Sarawat was calling him. Tine ignored it as he ran past the narrow street.

Sarawat called him again. Tine sighed and stopped. He reluctantly picked up the phone.

"Get your ass back here now!" Sarawat sounded very frustrated.

"Why?"

"Just do it for fuck's sake!"

Tine sheepishly dragged his feet back to the bridge.

"You fucking idiot. You fucking - aghhh!!!" Sarawat screamed into the sky, gripping his hair. Ok, well, this wasn't a great start. Tine gulped nervously, shifting from side to side.

Sarawat scoffed and looked out into the waves. "I was the one who stared at you in class. I was the one who kissed you. I was the one who begged you to come watch me play. I was the one who kept inviting you to my place".

Sarawat looked at him incredulously, shaking his head. "Man, my social skills are shit but yours are even worse."

Tine started to sniffle a bit. "So-so what you're trying to say is...is..."

Suddenly, Sarawat crashed his body onto Tine and desperately pressed his lips against his. His crutches tumbled onto the pavement with a loud clank. Tine gripped Sarawat still as Sarawat's tongue enveloped the depths of his mouth. Tine felt alive again - like he was lost underwater all this time, and Sarawat had pulled him out to feel the sunlight.

The two broke apart, gasping for air.

"I love you Tine". Sarawat looked deeply into Tine's eyes as he cupped his face. "I've always loved you. Be my boyfriend na".

"...ok" Tine whispered softly, smiling while tears streamed down his face.

"Good, because I wasn't going to let you go anyways" Sarawat smirked.

Tine scoffed. "Fuck you" he punched Sarawat's chest lightly. "Please do" Sarawat wiggled his eyebrows, looking incredibly pleased. Tine just rolled his eyes.

Sarawat put his arm around Tine, pulling him closer. Tine snuggled onto his broad shoulder as they watched the sunlight glitter through the waves.

"I wonder if he would be happy for me. Tar." Sarawat said softly.

"He would be". Tine laced Sarawat's fingers with his.

They watched a flock of birds from the cliffs spread their wings and fly into the sunset.

"Let's go on a lot of adventures together" Sarawat kissed Tine's forehead.

"Yeah" Tine smiled up him. They would go on a lot of adventures together. Some would be wonderful, some would be hard. But Tine knew that he no longer had to do it alone. He felt a rush of excitement for everything that they could be, for everywhere that they would go.

"Tine...I have a question". Sarawat whispered gently.

"Mm?" Tine snuggled onto him contently.

"Can I touch your boobs?"

"What the fuck man!" Tine jerked away from Sarawat to give him an exasperated glare. "We were having a romantic moment!"

"That's why I asked". Sarawat said, completely unashamed.

"Ugh. God! Just get away from me". Tine groaned.

"But I'm on crutches!" Sarawat blinked innocently. "I'm vulnerable!"

"Vulnerable my ass!" Tine yelled at him, hands on his hips.

"Tine~ Take good care of me at the apartment na~" Sarawat pouted.

"I'm not going! You just want to attack me!"

"But you like it".

They argued the entire way back to Sarawat's apartment.

************ THE END************

A/N: Thank you for reading my loves!! This was my very first fanfic. I had been reading for years but never ever did I think that I would publish a chapter, let alone a whole story! You guys encouraged me the entire way through. Thank you for all of your comments - I loved reading them. Also, the fact the people around the world were reading my story is just crazy to me. When I started I did not expect to get this many views from around the world - so thank you.

If you have any feedback, I'd love to hear them in the comments.

In a couple days I will be releasing a special Q&A chapter where I'll disclose my thoughts about the story, insights on the characters, and maybe some stuff you may not have realized :)

And don't worry, I also can't believe the story is over. The characters still feel very much alive in my heart <3.